Providing salvation is not that important

by pixel 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Augustine was the originator of a number of alien beliefs that have infiltrated the Church. Thankfully, there are copious writings prior to him from church leaders that provides a pretty clear portrait of what the disciples of the apostles thought of foreign ideas to the faith for the first two centuries after the Resurrection.

This is one of the best articles I've found on the topic.

https://crosstheology.wordpress.com/augustine-gnostic-heretic-and-corruptor-of-the-church/#_ftn29

Jesus would vindicate​—or prove right and just—​his Father’s sovereignty, or way of ruling."

This is the lame excuse that the Watchtower gives for Jesus Sacrifice NOT the personal payment for your sin.

The biblical concept is a simple one. The wages of sin is death. So, Jesus offers to make that payment on your behalf so that God can be perfectly justified in giving you a resurrection.... Which he desires to do.

2 Corinthians 5:21

He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf,

so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

This is the exchange, or transaction if you will contained in the New Covenant.

Galatians 3:13

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become

a curse for us--for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE

WHO HANGS ON A TREE"

The believer willingly trades places with Jesus. Agreeing with the punishment for sin.

Galatians 2: 20

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me:

Jesus displayed publicly the amazing power he possessed as the Source of Life. When anything is separated from this Life, decay is the result.

Jesus offered escape from decay by allowing the Holy Spirit to operate in a person from the inside. The believer concedes his absolute authority over himself to God, and as a result is reconnected to the Life Source. Being Justified, he owns a permanent right to life..... not just a gift only.

"whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And the washtowel claims to be xian. The last I checked, christian means believing that we are all inherent sinners through Adam, that jesus came to deal with such sin, and that we must accept that sacrifice to be "saved". It does not mean having to do additional works, such as spreading that filth from door to door. It does not mean abandoning all your celebrations--even in the bible, we are not supposed to judge others for such festivities (I will, however, judge anyone whose idea of celebration includes drink driving, since that does endanger everyone else on the roads).

Now, if they claim to be the only true xians, that binds them to what the bible says about it. I find it more offensive when one claims to abide by the bible, claims a monopoly on adherence to the bible, and then has the doctrine that, even if they can prove the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger wrong using their own bible, they still have to abide by and teach the bad doctrine until the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger itself alters it. Are they abiding by the bible as they gleefully claim to, or by man's doctrine despite that the bible explicitly tells us not to?

Or, they can simply abandon the whole bible and be free from it. Once they start declaring that the bible is simply a book to use black magic to enslave the whole earth, they no longer have to abide by it. Once they see jesus as nothing more than the archetype of the perfect slave or that "original sin" is another infinite-debt tool, they no longer are bound to adhere to jesus. But, until then, they are contradicting themselves by claiming to adhere to the bible and jesus and then negating both.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

"For God loved the his name so much he gave his only begotten son so that his name might be sanctified." John 3:16 New World Translation

Accept John 3:17 continues -

"For God did not send his Son into the world for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit