Public Apology to Bill Bowen

by IslandWoman 34 Replies latest jw friends

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Bill,

I forcefully opposed your posts concerning Raymond Franz. I must now apologize for all the things I said.

Someone I trust has informed me of some things that have caused me to feel that without a doubt your position was the correct one.

Ray Franz should have supported you and not by his silence add support to the Watchtower! Whatever he knows about Greenlees and Chitty he should reveal and he, imo, should also openly support the Silent Lambs. He of course has the right to do as he pleases, but integrity and love for brother should, imo, move him to speak out before his death when the things he knows will die with him.

Please accept my apology.

IW/Linda

• Brummie
    Brummie

You are full of surprises IW. I'm not sure if you are apologising or playing around. But anyway, you rock.

I truely hope Ray doesnt take things to the grave that really belong to the public, esspecialy things that could make a huge impact.

Brummie

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hi Brummie,

No, I am not playing around. Bill was right.

IW

• teejay
    teejay

Does Bill read this board?

• bigboi
    bigboi

Many of the issues that the whole Franz/Bowen debacle encompasses are just now starting to be openly discussed publicly, even in the (for lack of a better expression) world. It's hardly impossible to understand that a man as old as Ray Franz would be reluctant to talk about such things. Also before ppl choose sides maybe they should know exactly what infomation Ray Franz holds. Did he have personal knowledge of the details of whatever it was that Greenlees and Chitty were accused of?

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Teejay,

I hope that Bill Bowen will come back here and post again. I was wrong and I hope that if he comes back the SilentLambs movement will be helped. Whatever Ray Franz knows he should tell us, are we not in spirit more closely related to him than the members of the Governing Body?

IW

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

Nice to hear that!

• teejay
    teejay

Even if Ray *does* have personal information about things yet revealed, does he truly owe anyone anything? Is there some moral imperative that should compel him to spill his guts? What good would it do if he did? It would only be his recollection, spanning a gap of several decades. Would what he said be 100% reliable?

I'm having a hard time deciphering the reason or what possible good this thread might accomplish, IW.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

edited

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Teejay,

Even if Ray *does* have personal information about things yet revealed, does he truly owe anyone anything?

Yes, if it could help others.

If your daughter had been raped by an elder but the two witness rule prevented them from acting to disfellowship him, wouldn't it be nice to have on your side an affidavit by a former Governing Body member testifing to the fact that the Governing Body had covered over sex acts committed by their own against children. And that this is in part why they do not act against child rapists because they themselves are culpable?

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit