Some People Stay Witnesses Because They Don't Want To Think For Themselves

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

People are mentally lazy. It's so much easier to blame someone or something else than deal with reality and actually DO something yourself. Min, you called it. It is mental laziness and the desire to not take responsibility for their actions that keep them in.

• minimus
    minimus

Thank you Robdar for bringing us back on topic. Hopefully Mr. Kim won't see this.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

While I don't disagree with your statement concerning Witnesses, I certainly don't think it's unique to them. In my experience most people are lazy non-thinkers who drift through life taking the path of least resistance or letting others make decisions for them. Especially Democrats!

• minimus
    minimus

It's true that many do not want to think for themselves. Most people are followers, not leaders. But I think that's why it's quite easy for some to remain as Witnesses. Think of all the WORK one must do to stop being a JW. Think of all the explanations that you have to give to people wondering where you were. Think of how you wouldn't know what to do with yourself when everyone else that you know is at the meetings or service. It's a terrible mental burden.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit