It wasn't just one lie about Iraq's WMD...it was 36 lies.

by reporter 17 Replies latest social current

• reporter
  • freedom96
    freedom96

So should Saddam have been removed from power? How about his just as evil sons? Are the citizens of Iraq worth it? Did women and children deserve to be tortured and murdered just cause?

Was Saddam capable of killing millions? Yes. If he had the power to create a nuclear bomb, would he use it? Well, by judging his past, once again, yes. Am I selfish enough to value my life more than him? Again, yes.

Is the world better off with Saddam out of power. A big yes!

And more to the point, are we naive enough to think that just because we haven't seen these WMD yet that they don't or never existed? We already know we found transportable labs, we know that some people buried evidence even in their own back yards.

With all the space that Iraq has, and with all the possible hiding places, mostly underground, is it reasonable to assume that there just were no weapons? Come on, we are smarter than that.

Plus, if Saddam didn't have these weapons, why didn't he allow full access to his country to find them? He could have kept all this from happening. That alone just does not make sense.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Reporter,

You've not shown one lie, only differences of opinion. I don't trust the UN opinion, especially that of Bliz and ElBareidi anymore than you trust Bush.

• obiwan
    obiwan

You've not shown one lie, only differences of opinion

That's what the borg will tell you as well.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

No, the Borg calls everything it doesn't put out a lie of Satan, not a difference of opinion.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yeru

So then, this war was launched on the basis of 36 opinions, which have not been, for the most part, substantiated, even to this day. On the basis of these 36 opinions thousands of lives and billions of dollars have been disposed of.

SS

• freeman
    freeman

Wow Reporter thanks for opening our eyes to all the lies that Bush and his friends have been saying about WMDs. Apparently this conspiracy to deceive people about WMDs is more wide spread then most people realize.

Here are some quotes from some people that used to tell those very same lies that Bush and friends are now telling us.

“Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime…He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is miscalculating America’s response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction…So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real…” –Sen. Kerry (D, MA) Jan. 23,2003

“We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction” -Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL) Dec. 8, 2002

We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction” – Sen. Ted Kennedy (D,MA) Sept 27, 2002

“We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country” Al Gore, Sept 23, 2002

“The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retained some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capability. Intelligence reports also indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons…” –Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

“We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandates of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them” -Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

“ There is no doubt that… Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to refine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies” –Letter to President Bush, signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and other, Dec. 5, 2001.

Thank goodness most of these good people quoted above are no longer under the mind control of Bush who I guess must have made them say all these things against their will. Well at least now they have come back to their senses and are at last telling the truth, the truth being that there never were any weapons, and that Bush made the whole thing up, etc. etc. etc.

Oh one quick question for these nice folks quoted above… how do you spell hypocrisy?

Freeman

• freeman
    freeman

Wow Reporter thanks for opening our eyes to all the lies that Bush and his friends have been saying about WMDs. Apparently this conspiracy to deceive people about WMDs is more wide spread then most people realize.

Here are some quotes from some people that used to tell those very same lies that Bush and friends are now telling us.

“Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime…He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is miscalculating America’s response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction…So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real…” –Sen. Kerry (D, MA) Jan. 23,2003

“We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction” -Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL) Dec. 8, 2002

We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction” – Sen. Ted Kennedy (D,MA) Sept 27, 2002

“We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country” Al Gore, Sept 23, 2002

“The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retained some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capability. Intelligence reports also indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons…” –Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

“We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandates of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them” -Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

“ There is no doubt that… Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to refine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies” –Letter to President Bush, signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and other, Dec. 5, 2001.

Thank goodness most of these good people quoted above are no longer under the mind control of Bush who I guess must have made them say all these things against their will. Well at least now they have come back to their senses and are at last telling the truth, the truth being that there never were any weapons, and that Bush made the whole thing up, etc. etc. etc.

Oh one quick question for these nice folks quoted above… how do you spell hypocrisy?

Freeman

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Freeman,

That was worth posting twice.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Thought I'd take a crack at your questions even if they were rhetorical...

So should Saddam have been removed from power? How about his just as evil sons? Are the citizens of Iraq worth it? Did women and children deserve to be tortured and murdered just cause?

Yes, he should have been removed. Too bad US wanted him in power and kept him in power all those years and supported his terrorism, when he should have been removed. His sons sound terribly evil, and I believe most of what I hear about them, even though most of the dirt was saved up for the day they were reported killed. It makes sense though, and explains the terrible reputation of his regime. The women and children (and even the male victims, for that matter) were defiinitely worth removing Saddam from power. Too bad the US didn't think so as Bush, Clinton and Bush continued bombing the women, children and men regularly, in addition to guaranteeing inadequate food supplies. The reason so many Iraquis are still mad, many say, is that our US policies murdered millions of Iraqi women, children and men over the last several years. Going to war against the people who are victims of a dictator is tantamount to murder, logically, if Saddam and Sons were truly murderous, torturing dictators -- and I certainly believe he was. I'm beginning to believe that all war is primarily against civilian populations anyway, because we have successfully used other methods in all types of countries to effect regime changes whenever that was the only goal. In the case of a dictator, even the soldiers are just civilians in soldiers' uniforms a dictator tells them they must wear. The continued anger against the US by a remnant of the soldiers can only be understood as anger based upon the campaign of terror the US has supported against them for many years. The claims that we couldn't infiltrate or use more focused terrorist tactics against Saddam (besides sanctions and war) has already been proved wrong.

Was Saddam capable of killing millions? Yes. If he had the power to create a nuclear bomb, would he use it? Well, by judging his past, once again, yes. Am I selfish enough to value my life more than him? Again, yes.

He was capable of killing millions. I guess it was because he was killing those millions in his own country and region that the US supported his killing. If he had the power to create a nuclear bomb, I don't know if he'd use it. It's pretty obvious to all nuclear capable countries that it would be suicide. He seemed a bit too selfish for suicide, but he was a mad-man, so who's to say? Judging by his past, I don't think you really could say. Judging by the past in the US, you could definitely say the US would, but the US is the only country that has ever used nuclear WMD against women and children.

Is the world better off with Saddam out of power. A big yes!

Agreed!!!

And more to the point, are we naive enough to think that just because we haven't seen these WMD yet that they don't or never existed? We already know we found transportable labs, we know that some people buried evidence even in their own back yards. With all the space that Iraq has, and with all the possible hiding places, mostly underground, is it reasonable to assume that there just were no weapons? Come on, we are smarter than that.

Agreed again. They could have existed or were at least in the process of being created/readied.

Plus, if Saddam didn't have these weapons, why didn't he allow full access to his country to find them? He could have kept all this from happening. That alone just does not make sense.

Actually it does make sense if you still agree that he was a mad dictator. He couldn't appear to his people or to neighboring countries that he was somehow subject to US or UN authorities. The US was well aware that he would not appear to cooperate, even if he was cooperating. Saddam was well aware of our terrorist agenda in the region. He knew very well that we bombed "Afghanistan back into the Stone Age" and we made sure it was very clear that we wouldn't cooperate with those who said they would cooperate with us in finding Osama bin Laden to avoid further bombing.

As long as I've said this much, I might as well also say that I don't believe this was just about oil.

Gamaliel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit