Motives Matter

by AllTimeJeff 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

There is a difference between the leadership of the Borg (GB 2.5, is that what they're on now?) and the Sheeples, that for a variety of reasons, stick with this nonsense.

Not every JW publisher believes this stuff. The GB knows this. But if you play the game right, you can be called "weak" and be able to hang out with family and friends, with minimal fuss.

The motives of the Sheeples class is not what this is about. Simply put, it's about the leadership. I learned this the hard way in 2005, when I studied the bible in depth, and the whole point of it was to "build my faith up" that the bible, and most/all of the major characters in it (Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Ishmael, Judah, Joseph, Elijah, Elisha, David, Solomon, someone stop me here...) all "prophetically" pointed to the existence of Russell and the JW's in the 20th and 21st centuries.

So, why do you think there is so much "change" in doctrine? About things like the "generation?" Why do you think there is a lack of acknowledgement about 1914 and the generation that saw it? Why do you think they talk so little about 1914 these days? (Big hint, it is 2018...)

The leadership is all about one thing, keeping power, and keeping their fruity little cult going. The scriptures, as I sadly learned at Gilead, are never about the Sheeples. Amazingly, throughout the history of JW's from Russell on down, the ruling class has used the bible to support their leadership, and because of that, you should follow them. THEY are the chosen channel, not you. THEY have a special relationship with (YHWH/GOD/CHRIST/THE LAMB). Not you.THEY get to partake of the emblems, not you. THEY are anointed by holy spirit, not you. When a prophetic doctrine has to be changed because it simply never came true and never had a chance, THEY get to claim that god's spirit is with them, and YOU were wrong to believe it, and remember, change with us because the holy spirit is with us.

Motives matter. This cult isn't about improving your relationship with god. It's another sad exercise and peek into the human experience, that shows frankly that most people do not have, or do not want to, think critically or think for themselves. In farming off that responsibility, and not questioning reality or what you hold dear, delusion sets in, and you get groups like the Sheeples that live their life, unaware that it has never been lived.

That is why I say, think for yourself, live a life you have dreamed and imagined, and go for it. Choose happiness in life, and don't spend too much time chasing this fruity little cult around. They are truly the wizard behind the curtain, and never mattered at all.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Motives are everything

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    So, why do you think there is so much "change" in doctrine? About things like the "generation?" Why do you think there is a lack of acknowledgement about 1914 and the generation that saw it? Why do you think they talk so little about 1914 these days?

Three reasons:

1. Lame attempt at remaining relevant by coming up with "new light" nonsense so people still feel like they are getting something unique that no one else does
    2. They got sued left and right over all kinds of things from copyright infringement to sexual abuse coverups
    3. The way society is today doesn't help their model. People read a lot less magazines and go online, and people are a lot more aware about them, and people are more rude so they have a harder time buying into going house to house preaching.

I guess there's a 4th reason, which is that they are still as full of shit as they have always been, and they want to keep that status.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

And remember keeping the lies as obvious and stupid as possible weeds out the Smart Ones

Jehovah is looking for the right heart condition and a substantially lower IQ

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The whole reason Christianity was invented by the Romans was to pacify the growing number of disgruntled, poor citizens across their empire. The Jews were ready for a violent uprising. The Jews were expecting their Messiah to appear and lead an army to free them from Roman occupation and control. To the Jews, a tax collector for the Romans was the lowest of the low and was despised. Then came Jesus of Nazareth.

This Jesus guy starts saying that you should not take up arms. Jesus says to pay your taxes. Jesus says not to concern yourself with acquiring wealth or possessions because your reward is in the magical realm of heaven.

Jehovah's Witnesses are just one of many sects that have sprung from this pro-Roman Empire (i.e. pro-government, mass pacifier) system of belief. Jehovah's Witnesses are comprised of a mass army of high school educated, out of shape window washers who don't have two nickels to rub together. They are taught as Jesus taught - nothing in this life is worthwhile other than making it to the other side of Judgment Day. As such, pursuit of knowledge, wealth, and position are shunned and obedience is valued more than sacrifice.

I attended my last One Day Assembly in December of 2006. I remember seeing these Witness men filling the volunteer role of Attendant standing guard at places. They stood at attention and looked like they felt 10 feet tall. They looked like they just had the President of the United States award them the Medal of Honor. Yes, there they stood - in their dated $40.00 Goodwill suits, champions of the organization. Enjoy the feeling. Revel in it! Because when you walk outside those doors you will go back to your life of an underachiever. Come Monday morning you will stare at your GED hung proudly hanging on the wall, walk up the stairs of your parents' basement and have a bowl of Corn Flakes before heading off to wash windows for 10 hours at $7.50 an hour. Then you will climb into your 1982 Reliant K Car and race home to change into your earth tone cheap suit because tonight your are handling the microphones at the weekday meeting. This is a shining example of one of Jehovah's obedient servants.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Life was hard in the 1870s even in Western countries. A lot of poverty, misery and sickness around. Heck people could die from complications from a cold, no antibiotics. So people were searching for answers and a lot of cults sprang up.

Do we need them now? No! We have answers, we have science, medicine, wonderful food from all over the world, technology that was beyond belief in the nineteenth century. They are anachronistic nonsense, these religions, be done with them.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Fascinating how conversations come full circle. Just look at the comments you and I made 15 years ago AllTimeJeff

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/59260/biggest-issue-society-has-face

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

The motives of the ordinary folk who looked to people like Russell in the nineteenth century may have been genuine, desperate for answers for the reasons I gave but are the r+f JWs genuine now? Or are they just too lazy and too cowardly to leave? In the information rich world we live in how can anyone be so ignorant?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Interesting turn on the discussion. The Sheeples are a special lot. As an old saying goes, “If you don’t have anything planned for your life, you’ll likely fall into the plans of someone else. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much!”

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

nicolaou, I surely hope we’ve all grown since those discussions. Those debates help me work out a lot of own thinking on matters. Very grateful I had this forum and others to help. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit