How would you respond?

by unbeliever 29 Replies latest jw friends

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I just got this from an active jw friend who I have not seen in 3 years and rarely talk too via e-mail. Keep in mind I was never dunked and left almost 7 years ago. The elders went and saw my DF'd sister last week after 10+ years. It's just a little weird to me like a fishing expedition. The person asking about my sister barely knows her so she should not be asking about her. The elders should have 0 interest in me but my sister was once one of them. She has no interest what so ever in going back and told them that. Am I being paranoid? I feel inclined to ignore it but knowing her she will just e-mail me again.

I've heard some rumors that you have turned apostate. Is it true? Does your sister share the same view? I hope not. Please respond when you get this. Sincerely, XXXX
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If you have not exchanged any emails recently, I would not respond at all... for all he knows he got the wrong email address.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Unbeliever: your analogy of this e-mail, is pretty much bang on. I don't think you need too many of our opinions to figure out what you've already concluded.

But, I will say with regards to the e-mail:

I've heard some rumors that you have turned apostate. Is it true? Does your sister share the same view? I hope not. Please respond when you get this. Sincerely, XXXX

OK, she's heard rumours: WHAT ARE THEY? Don't address anything, or respond until she comes clean FIRST with the said rumours. Even then you are under no obligation to respond to her e-mail.

You don't owe anyone an explanation Unbeliever. Don't play by the WTS rules or their followers queries to lure you into an ambush.

Besides, the fact she's asking you about your sister is obvious, but again, you do not have to speak on behalf of your sister.

If she is so lovingly concerned about your sister: why can't she go speak to her herself? Hmmm?

The nerve of these people, honestly!

Don't worry about these people Unbeliever, you're in good hands here, and I just don't want to see you be put through any unnecessary foolishness at the hands of the paranoid and mind-controlled members of the WTBTS.

Be well. I do mean that. Glad you posted.

Thank you.

• gumby
    gumby

I would ask to her to explain what she means first. Ask her what does she mean by Apostate.

The society's own definition od apostate is a "standing away" which they explain to mean "anyone openly advocating contrary ideas from the society". It is one who tells others about their ideas.

After she gives her definition you can relate this and ask her' if she has heard of you doing such a thing' and from whom? Get specific. The conversation could be cut short at that point with no need to go any further.

Good luck,

Gumby

(Edited to add I'm sorry if I repeated some of what razor said). It showed there was NO POSTS to this thread when I typed this, then when I sent it, it showed there was 4. What the hells up with this?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I personally would not write this individual back. What you do is YOUR business.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I personally would not write this individual back. What you do is YOUR business.

• gumby
    gumby

Another thought. Do you WANT this friend back in your life? If not..........don't write. Or.... have some fun and do as I stated and if it doesn't work........who cares?

Gumby

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I'll just ignore it. It just caught me off guard. If she had wrote this a year ago I would have had a field day with her but I decided some time ago to stop playing games with the witnesses when they cross my path.

• gumby
    gumby

How would you respond?

I'll just ignore it.

Then why'd ya ask dagnabbit?

I demand you follow my advise and answer her now! Ya hear me?!

Gumby

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Gumby my first instinct was to come here and post the e-mail.

Never fear I could not resist writing back. I wrote:

I can't speak for my sister. I am real interested in hearing about these rumors......details???
    I'll post her response.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit