Bumped Into One Of My Best Friends On The Carts This Morning

by pale.emperor 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great points Xanthippe!

They are too invested to even allow themselves to think outside of the Jw bubble mindset.

They need us to be the "baddies". Or it makes their whole life a waste!

PE showed us all how to handle it. Be kind, polite and normal. Show by our niceness, that we are happy and enjoying our life. Rouse their curiousity about how good life can be on the outside.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

It hurts just to read this story. The whole setup is just so cold, cruel and inhumane. It takes great strength to react the way you did and be the bigger person.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Stuck;

''Great points Xanthippe!

They are too invested to even allow themselves to think outside of the Jw bubble mindset.''

That's what I always say about Dubbies who have been in the Borg for decades. They are heavily, heavily invested, to think outside of the JW box mindset. Emotionally and physically invested.

• jp1692
    jp1692

One of the most surprising things I learned after leaving the JW religion is that many cults refer to their particular belief system as “The Truth.”

It’s a cult thing.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''One of the most surprising things I learned after leaving the JW religion is that many cults refer to their particular belief system as “The Truth.”

It’s a cult thing.''

And, when talking about the ''Truth'' and using the word the ''Truth'' amongst fellow cult members, you're on the same wavelength, of course.

However!!!! When you're talking about your Religion as the "'Truth"' to outsiders, who are not in your Religion, the look across their face is ""HUH" and ""what galaxy are you from, the Truth"". Of course they're not saying that, but they're thinking something like that, by the look on their faces, LOL.

• zeb
    zeb

Shunning.and I am going a bit off the track of this posting here.

The last round of the ARC the legal thing from Sydney BO said if someone leaves then they are shunning the rest of the jw. Never mind that they have been abused and have to face everyone who will know all the sordid details.

PE they are not were ever not worthy of you.

Its not a perfect world we are not on rails we are not as wt would have is 'one-size-fits-all'.The world of humanity is not made up of American urban dwelling cones of the NY impression of wt clones. as much as the gb would like it to be.

I had an interesting experience. In town a jw called out 'how are you?' 'Good' I says. He was quite disappointed.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    zeb - "The last round of the ARC the legal thing from Sydney BO said if someone leaves then they are shunning the rest of the jw."

"I'm not a jerk! You're a jerk!!!"

()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit