TIME TO IMPLEMENT THE GARYBUSS PHILOSOPHY!

by Dansk 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• Panda
    Panda

Hi, I've also read Carl Sagan's Demon Haunted World and I keep returning to the Baloney Detection kit. I'm not sure but if I'd been asked to a JC I might have gone. Now I wouldn't, but those beliefs and fears take awhile to lose. "Knowledge is Power" so if you know how these JC's are conducted (your knowledge) then you are able to keep your "power" and not allow the local elders even a glimpse of you . Your new power will upset them and make them want to make you miserable.

• LDH
    LDH

Gary,

I don't say this lightly. I love you.

Your friend,

Lisa

• garybuss
    garybuss

Thanks Lisa, That love is returned times 10. GaryB

• Catren
    Catren

Please recognize that there is no authority to recognize. The elders simply have no authority over you. Period.

• Catren
    Catren

I think I agree pretty much with Donkey about Witnesses having something like a disease. It's extremely stressful and painful being shunned by family and/or friends who are Jehovah's Witnesses, but it does seem like they have a sickness, some kind of mental illness that prevents them from thinking clearly. If you've ever tried to talk with someone who has a mental illness, say someone who is bipolar and in a manic state, there is no way you can convince them that their thinking and behavior is inappropriate and incorrect. They think everyone else is wrong. They are not able, until they are back on track with their meds, to see things in a reasonable, rational way. They can't. Until their brain chemistry gets back in balance they just can't comprehend that they may be wrong. Of course, the kind of sickness that our family and friends who are shunning us have isn't due to a chemical imbalance in the brain, but it has somehow been inflicted on them by insidious, cunning, and manipulative means. There is nothing I can do about being shunned by my family members, but I can always be here for them when and if they come out of their deluded way of perceiving things. Yes, I agree that they made a choice to shun me, but I also believe their perspective is damaged. I don't blame them, but I feel intense anger toward the WTBTS for what it has done to people's minds and personalities. I think it is inhumane what the society has done to the Witnesses.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Hi All,

Firstly I have only quickly gone through the above postings, as I'm a work at the moment. I will probably print them off and read them at leisure.

But from the gist of it all if I get Dansk and Gary's view right. Is not to let the WT dictate to YOU. They seem to like to give this impression that they are doing it, either a JC, DF etc, is for YOUR good. By doing that they continue to have control over you.

It came to me a long while ago what they where doing. Like some on here I have family who can no longer have contact with me, since I DA'd. My JW wife and two daughters have not spoken or had any kind of contact with me for getting on for 3 years now. When it happens you think "What have I done" but then you realise that you have done nothing. You realise the control the WT have is not over YOU but over those still part of it.

I remember not long after leaving a JW brother said to me "You'll not be allowed to speak to anyone." I replied "No, I will be able to speak to anyone I like. Its YOU who will not be allowed to speak to me. You no longer have control over who I can and cannot speak to." The look on his face was a picture. Almost as if he could not comprehend that they no longer had any control on my life.

So for the past couple of years I have not made any contact with my wife or daughters, I know about what they are doing through third parties. But I do not enquire in anyway about them. They know were I am and how to contact me. Strangely my wife has been in contact in the last month with my DA'd daughter, who she has not spoken to for 3 years.

Coming home from church yesterday, walking towards me were a couple of JW's who I knew. So I kept on walking towards them. As I drew alongside I called them by name and said "Hi, how are you?" Well they didn't know were to turn. Cruel aren't I

As someone earlier said nothing annoys them more, than they seeing you happy.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

On the famous JCs

Very good posts and very useful information.

I never had a problem with the "high and mighty" Judicial committee. The elders realized that they have/had no authority over me. The wisest thing these Cretans ever did was to listen to what I had to say and than pray to Jehovah about it.

I won't say any more on the subject other than, the elders should get off of the "judgmental attitude" before it causes many of THEM physical and spiritual pain!.

Evidence supports that: Someone, somewhere, sometime, is going to "snap" and remove many of the R & F from the gene pool!!!

Mr. KIM

• Dansk
    Dansk

Just thought you'd all like to know that yesterday Claire and I applied the garybuss philosophy once again and shunned two JWs, one of whom is our hypocrite son-in-law. It's a great feeling knowing no-one has a hold over you. The best form of defence is attack - shun before being shunned .

Gosh, am I really looking forward to Christmas! Life is sooooooo good!

Dansk

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What were the circumstances Dansk? Did he realize he was being pre-emptively shunned?

By the way, I agree with you 100%.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Nathan,

Claire and I had just been jogging and were walking back from the field we use. We turned the corner of a street and there they were - two JWs. At first we thought they were Mormons, but as we got closer (they were on the other side of the street by this point) we could clearly see who they were. The "brother" my son-in-law was with has been an old friend for years - all the time I was a JW - but not once has he been in touch since we left. Claire and I decided there was absolutely no point in letting on so we just walked right past, keeping our eyes focussed elsewhere. I won't mention what I said under my breath .

Have you ever noticed how they try and pretend they're really happy when you pass - as though wanting you to think that they've got everything and life is bliss? Well, they can keep it. The old "friend" is black and his wife used to lament the fact that he'll never make elder because of his colour - she's utterly convinced of that - and they want us to think they're happy!!

So, we got our shun in first. Felt great!

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit