Why am I telling you this?

by Cassiline 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

I passed the accident late last night, a dark winding road, right past the college and then a bar. Yes, I wondered as I slowed what happened, is anyone hurt? Upon looking closer I saw a sheet draped so one could not see what the paramedics and firemen were doing. There were at least 3 fire trucks there the same amount of ambulances. Frenzy was the word for the moment.

The sheet told me something had gone horribly wrong. My stomach lurched and I hoped, just hoped I was wrong everyone was ok, or would be soon. I came home and mentioned the accident to my two teens who thought nothing of it and basically blew me off to continue in whatever fun they were enjoying at the moment.

The "fun" stopped when we learned that one person was killed instantly and another in a coma in LSU, both friends to my girls, both have been to my home many times.

Both boys both aged 17 one just graduated last month the other in my eldest daughter’s grade. The girls are devastated. They have known these boys and their families for years. The phone has been ringing non stop and their tears are heart wrenching. They want explanations I can not give and I in turn know that their mothers and families want the same.

For two reasons, one remember life is short... tell those you love, how you feel, you may not get another chance.

Two, we here are also prone to pain and difficulties instead of the high road of "I am right and you are wrong" try to see another’s POV and know there are real people behind these screens and need love and encouragement as well, tell those you appreciate here how much you do, as you may never get the chance again.

Love you...

Cassi

• Prisca
    Prisca

((((((((Cassi))))))))

Sorry that you had to see the accident scene, and that the accident has affected your daughters and their friends.

You are right, life is too short to be sweating about the small stuff.

• nilfun
    nilfun

First of all let me say how sorry I am that this
    tragedy occurred. Please pass my condolences on to
    the families who have experienced this tragic loss.

I agree with everything you are saying in your post.

I came home and mentioned the accident to my two teens who thought nothing of it and basically blew me off to continue in whatever fun they were enjoying at the moment

And what they did is just human nature. It is observed off-line
    and at on-line places, like this forum. You're right--life is too short to
    withhold caring and compassion from fellow posters ( including those I may not have a special bond/always agree with).

Thanks for the reminder, my sympathy to the families, friends, your girls, and you.

Take care

• avengers
    avengers
    you may never get the chance again

How right you are.

no words.........Andy

• Jesika
    Jesika

Damn Cassi! You honestly know how to bring reality to us.

I am so sorry for your loss or pain in this.

Thank you for bringing this kind of reality to us it makes us realize how precious our lives or others can be.

Thank you,

Jes

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Everyone thinks "this won't happen to me" and teenagers seem to have an "I'm ten feet tall and bulletproof" attitude. Hopefully this will wake up some teenagers and cause them to realize that driving is a very serious business and the laws regulating driving are there for a reason. Hopefully it will also serve to wake up some of us who are no longer teenagers. I say this as I am about to step into my vehicle and drive 1100 miles, one way, to Greenbay. Thanks for posting this and reminding all of us of our responsibilities. Bug

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

(((((cassi)))

Yes its devastating to come upon a scene like you witness. Than to find out latter its people you know. How it lingers with you. My condolences goes out to you and your children. As children the thinking is being invinsible and no harm will come.

Yes the reality puts a different perspective on life. A matter of seconds one's life can be snuffed. I see the many senarios over the years working in the ER with accidents. I am aware of my mortality working with it everyday.

I appreciate what you had to say. Needing reminders to live our lives.

OCW

• gumby
    gumby

For two reasons, one remember life is short... tell those you love, how you feel, you may not get another chance

Cassi.......so sorry

Your above words have meaning that is priceless! I wish we all could remember this on a daily basis.

Gumby

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

Just popping in before work... ((((((Cassaline)))))) Thanx for the reminder. You are one or the real ones. I am sorry for your loss.

I think I will go call my wife before I leave.

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((((((((Aw, honey!))))))))))))))

and more ((((((((((((((((Cassi's girls))))))))))))))))))).

Having known abrupt loss all too often in my life, I empathize with your sorrow and with your words of wisdom.

Sincere condolences,

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit