586/587 the K.I.S.S. approach --- no VAT4956, Ptolemy, Josephus needed

by Alleymom 147 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

So because this may imply that these Kings could have ruled for longer because there could be other tablets, my spouse closed the case and thinks 607 is still correct. Any thoughts as to where I can go from here? Thanks!

Ask him to draw up a list of kings showing which king was reigning in each year from 625 to 539, quoting his resources for each king.

Remind him that the Awake! referred to here doesn't quibble about the lengths of the reigns of any of them, If he wants to prove that the WT was wrong with the lengths of the reigns or the successions in this Awake! , he needs to have some evidence.

If he tries speculation, get him to read the definition of the word 'evidence' to you from a dictionary. That is a good way to make a lot of points. Don't tell them something they don't want to hear, ask them to read it to you from a source they trust.

Cheers

Chris

• Room 215
    Room 215

Just as our friend MJ's poinra out in his avatar: there's a king of Babylom omitted from the list: his name is "Nevawuzzah" and he ruled for 20 years!!

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Room 215 - Hahaha, that explains it! I forgot about "Nevawuzzah!" Silly me...guess I haven't been keeping up with my magazines. ;)

Thank you for all your suggestions.

BlackSheep - I will see if my husband will make a King's list and look for evidence that the kings reigned for longer.

garyneal - And that's a great point about looking in an encyclopedia, just like we do for holidays to realize they are "wrong."

agonus - That is great! I was recently under the impression that one needed to be in "the organization" and go out regularly in the misitry to have a chance at earning salvation. How freeing it is!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

bookmarked - forgot just how good this post was - kudos to alleymom

BTW where is Scholar when you need him

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Scholar is still recovering from the last time he got his butt kicked.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

bookmark

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

garyneal said My approach is to instill doubt using the same tactic Jehovah's Witnesses use to disprove December 25th being Jesus's birthday. Here is their formula:

JW: December 25 is not Jesus's birthday, you can go to any encyclopedia and confirm this.

Me: Jerusalem did not fall on 607 B.C.E., you can go to any encyclopedia and confirm this.

NiceDream already pointed it out. But I want to say it too.

Excellent point!! I never thought about that! Hope I get a chance to use it.

And I haven't read through all the info yet, but this is truly amazing!

CoC

• snowbird
    snowbird

A good and hearty bump!

This thread kicks butts and takes names!

Syl

• GrandmaJones
  • wannabefree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit