Index of Evidence for Evolution Threads

by cofty 120 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Let's image for a moment that Darwin and every biologist since was a racist and a misogynist.

It would make not one iota of difference to the veracity of evolution.

If Newton was a racist gravity would still be a fact.

If Einstein was a racist relativity would still be true.

Science cares only about facts. It has no regard for your feelings.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I don't think it's any surprise that a white man living in the 1800s would have such outdated ideas about race and sex, or that such notions would show up in his work. This is pretty much the history of mankind. As we progress, we can strip away the bad ideas and test what remains. Indeed, you can remove such content from Darwin's work and still have the early foundation for what is known today about evolution.

It is more than 150 years now, since his book was published. Much of his work has been expanded and built upon, and some has been replaced as more knowledge was gained. The consensus amongst scientists today is that there is no question that evolution explains the diversity of life, and that it is a normal part of biological life. There are differences, to be sure, but these are similar to the differences in any of the sciences- at the leading edge of discovery and understanding, competing hypotheses are being put to the test.

That is the essence of the scientific method- show your work, and keep pushing forward. Today's questions become tomorrow's answers. Some of what is hypothesized today will be discarded as we learn more. Those who feel that it is wrong are free to challenge any part of evolution. But if you can't show your work, you won't get far.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

EasyPrompt: He is coming shortly.

People have been waiting on this for centuries. And they almost always expected "shortly" to refer to a period within their own lifetimes, or not long after. The book has changed very little --if at all-- during this whole time. Yet every attempt to use it to predict the day of reckoning has been wrong. Probably hundreds --if not thousands-- of predictions over the course of two-thousand years. All wrong, every time.

I don't think it can be trusted.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I'm keen for Cofty's excellent resource thread not to get utterly trolled and derailed by the utterly illogical and pure nutter that is EasyPrompt.

Simon, I think it is time to put a stop to EP in this thread. It's trolling plain and simple....she (so she says) is not conversing points but just ignoring posts and posting herself very strange and idiotic posts.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    I have used literature quotes from Darwin himself, as well as reliance on the scientific method. If you don't like where the evidence leads, @notsurewheretogo, you can kick me off, but it doesn't change the truth.

You have literally done nothing what you say. You avoid discussion and spout nonsense not fit for discussion...definition of a troll. You are clearly still mentally in, you clearly have no mental or academic capability to discuss points of view that are in contrast to your own without resorting to insults or incredible claims of people who have a certain view.

Your posts prove you lack intelligence to discuss on a platform in a reasonable and intellectual manner.

Cofty has provided his thread and evidence, you have done nothing of the like. Until you do/can you are just viewed as an immature troll.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

I have not insulted anyone.

I shared Darwin's own words. Darwin was a racist and Darwin was a misogynist. Cofty said that he thinks Darwin was right.

You call me a "troll" when I speak the truth, but that's because you are in a cult. The WTBT$ calls people "apostates" when someone tells the truth about the fraud and hypocrisy in the WTBT$. The evolutionary theorist vocabulary just switches the insult. You call me a "troll" because that's your version of calling me an "apostate" for not believing in your hypocritical and fraudulent evolutionary theory.

If you were confident in your opinion, you wouldn't feel so threatened by the truth.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    You call me a "troll" because that's your version of calling me an "apostate" for not believing in your hypocritical and fraudulent evolutionary theory.

And you have just proved my point because you provide zero evidence as to why the evolutionary theory is wrong. You do not take Cofty's massive thread of proof, taken from credible sources, and counter them with equally credible sources.

Attacking a theorists factual scientific theories ad hominem doesn't answer the questions they raise. I don't care about Darwin's views on morality or race, I care about the scientific facts he posts about.

You don't...that is why you fail here. You cannot in life tarnish everyone with a brush of a viewpoint using the person who originated the viewpoint. In Evolution that simply doesn't work.

I've not seen any counter evidence from you as to why the massive list of posts Cofty posted is wrong.

Your whole point seems to be based on "person X is Y-like so EVERYTHING they said is wrong" which is ridiculous in the scientific community.

Born again Christians who are scientists and academic people who have their viewpoints on science are not disregarded on evolution just because they are believers...they are considered by the scientific community based on what they say, not what they believe.

You fail miserably in that regard.

Cofty could be the worst person in the world yet his posts on here, in this thread, on evolutionary subjects are not be disregarded because of Coftys moral attitude...they can only be disregarded if they are found untrue scientifically....you produce NO such posts.

You are embarrassing yourself here and I'll stick to my suggestion you are clearly a person incapable of discussion with people who have different viewpoints. You produce nothing to counteract views.

In essence, a troll.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Still no factual credible evidence against evolution...you understand this right? You need to provide detailed answers to the several threads Cofty posted as to why these areas do not prove evolution.

Your posts above are not related to scientific discussion on the subjects Cofty posted...understand this.

You clearly can't, you should be banned from this thread for trolling. Happy you create threads on discussing evidence on evolution.

You realise your posts are proving you yourself suffer from the disillusioned viewpoint of the very posts you make.

Posting how cults control members is not the subject of this thread...evidence for evolution is...you seem to lack this understanding. Given we have woken up from your posts but you haven't is irony itself.

Ignore who is posting, focus on what is posted in Cofty's multiple evidenced threads on evolution and provide factual evidence contrary otherwise accept you are trolling.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    @notsurewheretogo, there is plenty of evidence that the teaching of evolution is crap, but you refuse to look at it.

I mean that in itself is ridiculous when this very thread is a detailed history of scientific proof evolution is backed up by facts irrelevant of who said the theory BUT YOU NEVER SUPPLY ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY.

In my 13 years on here you are one the worst examples of someone who can discus topics relating to facts.

Evolution is crap you say but not one piece of evidence why. You are the type of person where a person says something and all who say the same are bound by the same "character" as the original person whereas the reality is "WHAT" they said can be true but "WHO" said is utterly irrelevant and any biased in that is exposed.

You literally are the definition of stupid.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

The BITE model has been deployed quite frequently, on this forum, as a smear. Even Hassan applied it inappropriately, when he realized it was a good tool for bashing people of the opposite political persuasion. It's like calling people racist. "Cult" and "racism" have specific meanings, none of which apply to the work of biologists. It's just another way of verbally degrading someone that you disagree with.

Which is why "fuck off" is the appropriate response.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit