What the hell am I going to do with these books?!?

by TheApostleAK 31 Replies latest jw friends

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

If anyone want's any just email me.

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Tallyman: I've bought a few on eBay.....$5 AUD for the book.......$15 AUD for the postage! The exchange rate is shite at the moment.

• nojw86
    nojw86

Larc, I am shocked, their books are worth 50 dollars, which ones are they if I may ask. nojw

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Some of those pages are thin enough to use as rolling paper.

"Forget the tribe, my pants have spoken."

• waiting
    waiting

I had multiple copies of some of the smaller books, threw away the extras - kept one of each. I sometimes find some really old ones at used book stores, kept them. Still have my bound volumes.

Years ago, my grandmother-in-law gave me a whole stack of WT's from the 1910-20 era. We moved so much, finally chucked them, always regretted that. My current mother-in-law has all the old books, but I doubt if she'd let us have them, even when she dies. She's sneaky about what we would want them for.

Mother-in-laws are so distrustful sometimes.

waiting

• Mulan
    Mulan

I sold a ton of things on ebay. And we took loads more to the dump. Amazing how much room in our house it freed up. We kept some things, but not much. We have the library on CD ROM, so didn't need the individual copies, and some aren't on the CD either, but who needs it? Their material isn't worth referencing for the most part. Some were just taking up valuable space and we didn't want to see them anymore. I had one big box, that I sold off of the H20 board too.

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

If any of you guys and girls are going to throw away some of the books etc email me. I'm after the mass produced stuff from the 40's to the 90's and not after the rare stuff.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I meant to say before, that I made a LOT of money on eBay selling old WT's and Golden Age mags, and Faith on the March, a couple of old Paradise books. More stuff too. Sold the Golden Age magazines for $40 EACH. Old WT's for $8. Faith on the March went for $87. Finished Mystery went for $48. Cool place to sell stuff. Before you price a book, I suggest you search to see if anyone else is selling it too. I had mine way too low, until I did that, and was able to fix it. After the bidding starts, you can't do that.

• COMF
    COMF
    Some of those pages are thin enough to use as rolling paper.

Wittingly or unwittingly, you have just mentioned the major reason for the great popularity of bibles in jail.

COMF

• TR
    TR

Check out used book stores, Good Will, etc. for old WT books. I know a kid who found some volumns of "Studies in the Scriptures" that way, and for cheap!

TR

"cults suck"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit