What's Fair About This??

by worldlygirl 13 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

This is a pretty good example of how the avreage jw sees a need to "water down" WTS teachings to make them seem reasonable.

Blondie is right - the official teaching is that only jws and their minor kids will live. But the average jw, seeing the difficulty in this reasonaing and the harshness of it, attempts to 'spin' it a bit and cite that God judges hearts. The jw website does the same thing, because to the public they speak with one mouth but officially they speak with another mouth.

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

You said it in the first sentence.... They are trained to "skirt the issue". I am having the same friendly type debate with my father on what is said on the internet, and on the facts that people present, like documentation of their financial involvement. I can hear it in his voice... he just stutters.... "wel...well... uh.. you se.... you see.... that is just questioning God's plans. You need to have faith"

If you are looking for a logical explanation... you won't find it. They are not permitted to ask these type questions, and all that do are accused of "planting doubt".

• micheal
    micheal

It seems as of late ( I have only been gone 7 months ) that the witnesses are changing their tune on this one. They are very content on using the ultimate copout "God will read their hearts". Well if that is the case, none of should be destroyed, because I am sure all of us have pretty decent hearts. Since heart condition pretty well boils down to motivation and intentions. ALL here are convinced in our hearts through experience and other means that the witnesses do not have the truth, so how can we ever be blamed for whatever we have done?

• bk62
    bk62

Seems like another one of those issues they are going to try to "change with the times". Unfortunately for them though, it will surely backfire. It seems to me that one of their "driving forces" for gaining new converts is that, only those knowing the "truth" will survive, and not end up crispy critters. So as WG brought up, if they don't open their eyes and seek out this knowledge, they won't survive. This philosophy is paramount to their survival, in my humble opinion. If they start to concede that it isn't quite that cut and dry, well then all these little seeds of doubt will start to take hold. If that's true, then maybe it's ok for somebody to accept a blood transfusion, or celebrate a birthday - I mean, they didn't do it with malice or anything - just in fun! Then the masses will really start to open their eyes. I've brought up my grandmother here on several occasions - also with the JW couple we are studying with. She (my grandmother) was a devout Catholic who went to church every day, did the rosary thing, and everything else all good Catholics do. I have no doubt in my mind her heart was more pure and devoted to God than most. Yet these people have the gall to tell me she screwed up, and didn't seek out the true religion, so she won't "survive" (as opposed to some poor soul who couldn't afford a bible, or lived in a country where they didn't have ready access to the "truth".)

As far as they're concerned, she was sinning by going to a "false" religion. BuLL-SH&T!!! Like Worldly-Girl brought out, this would point to an uncaring, selfish god instead of the kind, loving God they speak of. (Unless His omni-potence isn't so powerful, and He doesn't know what's in our heart!!)

Sorry for rambling - just had to throw in my 3-1/2 cents!! Hey WG - Please read your Private Messages. I've sent you several to your HM account, but not sure you're getting them.

Brian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit