My JW Husband Got a "Privilege" Back - UGH!

by worldlygirl 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

This is pretty strange. You aren't supposed to have to ask for your privileges back, they're just given to you when the committee think's you're ready.

• seedy3
    seedy3

LOL PC unless they forget about ya, as many do

Seedy

• blondie
    blondie

Well, pork chop, we know that the elders are not cloned and that even on the same body the right hand of one does not know what the left hand of the other is doing.

But I have to admit, I have never heard of someone having to ask for their privileges one by one or even all at the same time. I understood that you patiently waited until one of the brothers approached you and discussed your progress and then lifted one or more or all of your restrictions.

Hehe, I remember one reinstated sister looked at the information board and there she was scheduled for a talk in the main school. No elder had talked to her since her reinstatement 10 months earlier. She approached the school overseer, one of the elders who reinstated her, and asked if she was off restrictions. He hemmed and hawed. I guess she had been taken off restrictions but they neglected to tell her!

It just depends on the elders and how many hoops they want to make the person jump through. I think they make the brothers work harder to get off restrictions.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

It's something that the Society insists that EVERYONE gets restrictions, once they are reinstated. They have to be returned "gradually". Ain't that sweet?

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl
    elders are not cloned and that even on the same body the right hand of one does not know what the left hand of the other is doing.

Blondie, knowing these guys, that is probably a good thing!

• simplesally
    simplesally

I think that Prisca has a point and the person who referenced her. It would be tough, but you know, when you act out from anger, they will say, "See, she has no fruits of the spirit: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodnes, faith, mildness, self-control. Rather, she is displaying some of the works of the flesh: enmities, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, contentions, divisions." Then they will read Galations 5:19-23 and tell him you are jealous of Jehovah and his people. That even though you love him, you are "persecuting" him and they will tell him that he has to love God and "hate" you. Then they might read Luke 14:26 "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his....wife....he cannot be my disciple." So, do your best to not give them fuel. Be nice, be mild and buy some Band-Aids for your tongue, cuz you will be biting it a lot!!!!!! They are pros at manipulation, but people here can help you know what to expect.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    Be nice, be mild and buy some Band-Aids for your tongue, cuz you will be biting it a lot!!!!!!

That's just it.....just how long are you supposed go on biting your tongue. It'll eventuallly get so scarred up that you wont be able to talk at all.

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

((((((((( worldlygirl )))))))))))

I am so sorry. You must be going crazy! I'm sure I would have reacted the same way. After all, when you got married, he didn't have anything to do with the religion, he was away from it. Then after you are married, he decides to go back. That just seems so unfair, so of course you have every right to be angry. He has changed, and all because of a stupid cult. I wish I had some great advice to give you, but I don't. Every one else here has given great advice, so read thru and see which suits you best. Good luck!!!!

( and by the way, you have mail )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit