The GB, Corporation Officers, Senior Writing Staff and James 4:17

by IslandWoman 23 Replies latest jw friends

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

"Therefore, if one knows how to do what is right and yet does not do it, it is a sin for him." James:4:17

Every individual who is a member of the GB, or a Corporation Officer or a member of the Senior Writing Staff and who knows what is right yet does not do it is sinning before God. You have left the love you had at first, Jehovah himself.

IW

• minimus
    minimus

God is love. He forgives us our trespasses.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman
    He forgives us our trespasses.

Not always, and certainly not without a turning around.

IW

• minimus
    minimus

IW, do you think that you might be able to spur these ones on to feel shame and repent? I believe that a number of these people know about all the inconsistencies or wrong things that continue to be practiced, but I doubt very much this will bring about change. All these people live there. They are X yrs. old and have no other work. Since they're not going anywhere, NOTHING will change.

• integ
    integ

They don't care about James 4:17. They don't care about the Bible. They go by what Jehovah tells them when they're sitting on the crapper.

Integ.

• Mary
    Mary
    God is love. He forgives us our trespasses.

Not on everything. Doesn't the bible say something about if once you know what's right and wrong and you continue to sin deliberately with malice aforethought and show no repentence, that "there is no longer any sacrific" for our sins? I can't remember where that scripture is but I know it's there somewhere. It's one thing to make a mistake or even lots of mistakes. It's quite another to deliberately deceive people with lies, knowing full well that they ARE lies, and claim to speak in God's name. Yet that is exactly what the GB have been doing for decades now. Are they repentent? Absolutely not, judging by their actions. So no, Jehovah will automatically forgive anyone, unless they humbly repent and TURN AROUND from doing what's wrong.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Minimus,

Since they're not going anywhere, NOTHING will change.

To think that men like Ray Franz, Dunlap, HS, Tom Cabeen, etc. are no longer to be found in Bethel is unreasonable. Just like Ray Franz attended Gilead for all the right reasons and served the brothers in his assignment with love and a good conscience, so also there are brothers who in the last 10 years or so have served in foreign assignments for all the right reasons and served their brothers with love and a good conscience.

The notion that all those in Org. leadership roles are wicked is as erroneous as the Org. saying that all prominent apostates are wicked. This whole black and white thinking stems from the "if you're not with us you're against us" type of idiocy. Something which I hate to say, is deeply rooted in the male psyche, JW and exJW.

IW

• logansrun
    logansrun

God? I have no need for that hypothesis.

B

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Bradley,

May I ask you a personal question? You do not of course have to answer.

What came first, the disbelief in God or the leaving of the JW religion?

Just wondering.

Thanks,

IW

• minimus
    minimus

I never said that they're all wicked. Is this something that you concluded because of the female psyche vs. male psyche thing you are suggesting??? Now, if you are supposing that a handful of persons may do something about their "sin", I can accept that. But that's not what your subject is suggesting. The GB, Corporation Officers, and the Senior Writing Staff are not, and I repeat NOT going to reform the WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit