Would you give up one year at the end of your life if you could relive any one day in the past?

by Esse quam videri 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Like the question asks: If you could relive any one day of your life, any age, any place and remember everything about it afterwards, would you be willing to live one year shorter at the end of your life? One day for one year?

I realize that someone well on in years would think twice about it, but, what about you younger ones? It would mean instead of 83 you die at 82. Of course no one knows how long they will live but we would hope well into our 90's if relatively healthy. Would you do it?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes.

If that day was a pivotal day that could affect the direction of my entire life for the better, then that sounds appealing...

But what made you think of this scenario or question?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I could imagine how somebody who had a huge negative life altering experience or physical injury, would want a do-over, but right now, as many nice times as I've had over the years, I can't think of anything I'd like to live over again at the expense of losing a year of life.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

This is an interesting question up for debate.

My 2 cents would be, which lovely experience would you like to relive, not just in your mind? Possibly, the lovely moments in my life I have relived them up to and surpassing 24 hours time limit and I am still alive. I wouldn't trade real life and living 365 more days for anything. Life is precious and so our it's memories.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

What a fantastic question! Yes I would! Especially for some childhood memories.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

You said we could relive it, but not that we could change it. Maybe if someone had some sort of trauma that they couldn't remember and needed to process, I could see reliving that to get the memories needed for healing. Otherwise no, I'm not giving up a year for memories for one day. If I could change something that day, maybe, like I'd convince my parents to move somewhere other than next door to Witnesses so we could have had a normal life.

• blondie
    blondie

Memory is so selective; I tend only to remember the good parts until someone else who was there reminds me of some facts I edited out.

I always treasure the day I am living and what comes after...no living in the past.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

If I was able to live this day over again, would I know what I know now? And if I was able to make a change, will it affect the trajectory of my life? If the answer to these questions is yes, the I agree to your proposition.

Where do I sign up?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Would you do it?

No, for the simple reason that there's absolutely no guarantee that making a change will result in a better outcome. As my history is, I know now where I am and have grown appreciative, grateful and happy for getting to where I am now. I appreciate and love my life as it is, and I wouldn't risk taking a different path that would take me who knows where.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Would you give up one year at the end of your life if you could relive any one day in the past?

Considering how good my life is now..

Not a Chance..

Image result for log home on mountainImage result for okanagan lake

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit