The WT has failed to explain fundamental doctrines

by Kosonen 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Sadly the WT failed to teach fundamental biblical doctrines. I did never really understand the doctrine about ransom while I was still in the congregation.

I did not either understand what it really means that "God is love" as stated in the Bible.

I did not either understand from the WT what is love. I remember a study article that explained the greek word agape that is love. The WT explanations seemed to make it to be not a feeling, but a principle based goodness. Like love without feeling if that is possible?

So if you would like to get additional clairity to these important questions, I invite you to check my website www.comejesus.net were I have some simple explanations and I will be adding more.

• GabeAthouse
  • vienne
    vienne

Kos, It isn't another's responsibility to ensure we understand God's will or Bible doctrines. That's OUR responsibility. If you failed to understand basic teachings of your former religion, the fault was yours alone.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    If you failed to understand basic teachings of your former religion, the fault was yours alone.

Gotta say, I agree with vienne. I wonder if you were really paying attention.

As far as I remember the ransom and the various meanings of the word love were thoroughly taught.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Yes I would have to agree that the ransom was thoroughly explained

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I sometimes wondered who the ransom was paid to. There were articles that discussed this but didn’t really reach a conclusion I could understand. They said people in the past speculated that the devil was paid the ransom but that this was a wrong teaching. Another option might be to think that the ransom was paid to God but this was also said to be wrong. Was the ransom paid to the concept of justice rather than a person? Again, I think this was ruled out. I think Watchtower ended up implying that the ransom wasn’t paid anyone as such, it was just paid. Did I pick that up wrong?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I tried to put my own document together once. It was simply going to be about who the Apostles and Disciples were. A potted history of them as people.

I went to the WT Library disc and what did I find?

Not a lot of any use. Just, 'do more in the ministry(tm)'. Give us more money.

Perhaps I should have realised that all the info I needed was in the Bible itself. that's when I read it on it's own without watchtower(tm) goggles. What a huge difference. The WT Library really depressed me.

So much for 'accurate knowledge(TM)!

• waton
    waton

The ransom was explained, paid on The Passover ( with the lamb) presented to the provider/ demander deity after the 40 days after the ascension into the clouds, , and acknowledged on the return trip, 10 days later at Pentecost when the spirit, like flames/shine was given. Wt added the twist that 2075+ 1000 years later the rest of the ransomed fallen humans will have the benefits of the purchase price too.

All that because of the talking snake. snake oil?. churches teach it too, with variations.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

As a youngster growing up , I too did not understand the ransom doctrine. By my teens I felt too embarrassed to ask, I mean ,you are supposed to know this… right?

So, since I assisted the Magazine Servant I had a key to the KHall ( that would not happen today) One Saturday afternoon I let myself in and delved into the library with the old written indexes. I looked up everything all about the ransom. Having read it all, I finally got it… Job done.

My point is , if you don’t know, look it up ! It is much easier these days with stuff on line.

• waton
    waton

YOU JUST HAVE TO PAY ATTENTION. the same goes for the overlapping groups in the 1914 generation. David Splane clearly explained it well, with charts even, and real flesh and blood examples like Frederick Franz. and even older anointed ones.

2 centenarians make 200 years, starting to partake, overlap by 20 years each, make 40 years, NET total 160 years. plus 1914 = 2074 plus 1 year of shortened GT after rapture of anointed,= 2075. Armageddon time. minus 100 =1975. perfect timing.

what wt has not explained yet, is, how the anointed generation dies at the onset of the great tribulation, but also after all has occurred.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit