Voting thumbs up

by peacefulpete 14 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus

My posting have always been on-topic.

User should not think that the thumbs-up/down reflect in any way the evaluation of the users of this board. The tendency is being manipulated.

Is there punishment for calling a user a dick?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

slimboyfat: In my case I was told my thumbs were gone and they were.

Now I have this disturbing image of Simon at his work desk, with a small bag full of thumbs on the table next to his keyboard.

• Simon
    Simon
    My posting have always been on-topic

No, it hasn't. You have previously hijacked topics to pursue a grudge, just as you're doing with this one, claiming that your account was deleted just for disagreeing with me, which is untrue.

You can either accept it, or leave. What you don't get to do is constantly re-hash it. If you do, your account will be deleted, and in future you will no longer be tolerated at all but deleted on sight.

If I could be bothered, I'd undelete your off-topic comments as proof (oh yes, they are still there), but I really have better things todo with my time than waste it trying to prove anything to someone who simply can't be reasoned with.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Simon, if you ever have issue with what I post, please just message me so it can be sorted out. TIA

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon, if you ever have issue with what I post, please just message me so it can be sorted out. TIA

That's not how it works.

I make a decision based on what I see, I don't have to inform you about it. If you can't figure out what wasn't acceptable then "tough-titties" - it's usually obvious and typically intentional, which is why I rarely get into protracted debates about what specific clause of what rule was or wasn't spelled out sufficiently in advance and contravened or not.

Refer to the guidelines and posting rules, especially the part about if you think we made a wrong decision. It's all about principles, and hopefully people recognize the intent behind how the forum is run, and accept decisions - even if they may not fully agree with every call, they can see why it's impossible to constantly re-litigate every one ... and when people try to do that over multiple years, I start thinking they are just unhinged and become less inclined to waste time on them.

And if the accusation is that my decisions aren't 100% perfect and consistent ... well, I never claimed to be Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit