kingdom halls

by inbetween09 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inbetween09
    inbetween09

This weeks meeting features a video about maintaining kingdom halls. It mentions a few times, how KH belong to Jehovah, and are dedicated to him.

Anybody ever wondered, if they belong to Jehovah, how come, they are being sold all the time? Can you give something to jehovah and then take it back?

How do they justify the selling of kingdom halls from a doctrinal viewpoint?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If the GB can take back a dedication of a KH and make it null and void to Jehovah ,then I can rightly take back my dedication to do Jehovah`s will as I was deceived with false prophecy`s and misleading information from the Bible interpretations that the WTB&TS have dispensed these past 140 years .

• Olig
    Olig

Chance would be a fine thing!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

You can always tell whem jehovah no longer wants your kingdom hall..he stops attending the meetings.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

it's "false religion" that buys them. Apparently Jehovah will gladly sell his dedicated house of worship if the price is right!

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

ITs a buildup to sell off.... same thing in our meeting.. I could have screamed -- they are gathering the troops to keep a location viable until a buyer comes along. Ours is up for deletion and few know about it.. no signage -- they do it privately- and I was wondering the same thing, --they opened with a song that dedicated our halls to Jehovah... schmaltzy song, emotional.. did the video and a talk with the hall co Ordinator as to what was done in recent hall spruce up - electrical, visual, outside, inside...

Read the monthly expense report and now we wait for the shoe to drop. They may keep the cong, intact just to receive their monthly forever mortgage and donations... and still say there is a congregation to be included in the annual numbers...

Oh well, if they divide the cong to two other halls that are 30 -45 min away... bye bye… the winter weather here is awful and not up to driving let alone any blizzards or flooding that happens along the way....

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Comedian George Carlin said about God,

Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!
    George Carlin
  • blondie
    blondie

In days gone by, the WTS had specific instructions as to how the KH should be maintained and the CO during his visit was supposed to inspect the KH. One brother approached him and said that he had volunteered to do many of the upkeep but was put off by the BOE (the brother was in good standing and skilled in this type of work). The elder said don't ask just do the work and present a bill to the BOE for any supplies he had to purchase, and if they had a problem with that to let the CO know and he would handle that. Not like that any more.

• benny
    benny

Yes I listened in last night to please the wife. I used to help with maintenance as I can do various tasks. I felt I was contributing to Jehovah. I feel very disillusioned when I see so many halls being sold and still the soliciting for funds goes on.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

....and Jehovah told us that he wants us to sell his Kingdom Hall, keep the proceeds and he wants you to keep sending us additional money. He told us that a faithful sheep follows instructions without asking questions or needing proof even if what they’re being instructed to do seems suspicious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit