District Assemblies now being held at Circuit Assembly locations?

by ShirleyW 68 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I haven't been to a KH in decades, so I get the Google Alerts for JWs and I got one featuring a local news channel in Brooklyn covering the assembly being held in Flatbush, Brooklyn. I'm sure that venue is where the circuit assemblies are usually held, keeping in mind it's summer and that's when the District Assemblies are being held. Why are they acting like they're so strapped for cash and now holding District Assemblies in Circuit Assemblies locations ?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think this is going to happen in more and more places. A lot of the circuit assembly sites are owned by the Borg. This way they can better isolate thier slaves and keep apostates out. It also make more sense from a money making standpoint.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Ca are held year round, even in summer. It may have been a ca

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Morpheus- CAs are held during the summer, when the District Assemblies are held? Could be, but growing up in NYC never heard of that happening before, when I was growing up in the 60's we had to travel sometimes to another city for our assigned DA, like Baltimore, DC, New Jersey, which was asking a lot for certain families that couldn't afford to pay for lodging.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has been on a trend to curb spending ie. literature published

Consolidating Congregations, selling of Branches etc.

So this change to using only WTS own buildings for assemblies deosn't come as a surprise. $$$

Seems god's chariot is slowing down, must be the lying bullshit that was pulling it .

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Shirley, up in Newburgh they use the Assy Hall pretty much every summer weekend for District Assemblies. Now called "Regional" Best to you.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Didn't know that ctrwtf, haven't stepped foot in a mtg for decades, so Regional is new to me.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Yep. One year we went to a ca three weeks becore a da. Its stupid.

They are still holding da’s in big venues. I havnt heard of them holding da’s in small venues in the usa yet, but who knows.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Many foreign language regionals are held in circuit assembly halls.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

That district assemblies were being held at circuit halls has been going on in my neck of the woods for about 4 years now. Unless it’s an international convention it’s held at the smaller circuit halls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit