Greenlees & Chitty -- Some Sources

by AlanF 98 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

a very good bump, not the most pleasant of subject matter, but none the less important info for anyone who thinks that God was using this channel with such repulsive behaviour being condoned from the very top.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Alanf sure is thorough

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

bttt

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I presented this to my parents last year. My mom was shocked. My dad (a staunch JW) had no choice but to admit it as well. He threw in a few 'proof texts' and tried to say Satan goes after the elect and 'where else is there to go...'...but it his his cognitive dissonance.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It amazes me that, in this day and age, the issue of homosexulaity is not addressed in a more enlightened manner.

Speculations, innuendos, romours, all these things happen because people, for whatever reason, have a latent fear of homosexualty, as if someone being Gay around them will automatically somehow equal an homosexual orgy of Caligula like proportions !

Homosexuality is not a lifestyle choice, no more than being hetrosexual is, people are born this way.

This is not deviant behaviour or sinnful behaviour, we need to be mor eloving and acceptaing of things now and forget what some people who had so little understanding of things, wrote 2000 or 3000 years ago.

This is not about agreement, its about acceptance and view people's worth and value as soemthing more than their sexual orientation.

The sooner there is love and acceptance in all forms, the better for all religions.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Interesting information, thanks to all who shared their experiences/stories.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

The Watchtower never shares with us WHY some members of the governing body have left or stepped down.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly
    The Watchtower never shares with us WHY some members of the governing body have left or stepped down.

Very true and NOT that I am defending the WTS....but any corporation with executives/board of directors usually do not disclose "why" someone left or stepped aside. When they "reassign" or sweep under the rug crimes that is where they ALL cross the line.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thanks! The problem with bringing an "accusation" against any Governing Body member at Watchtower Bethel, was without two witnesses you would be kicked out and disfellowshipped. Bringing anything out later = possible defamation lawsuit by a 8 billion dollar+ corporation.

• Balaamsass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit