Congregation memorial stats

by nowwhat? 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

2 congregations met together attendance 355 which is close to exact number of combined publishers. Only saw a couple of new faces. So it looks like once again the invitation work was a complete failure and relatives of jw's couldn't be talked into coming anymore!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

More than double publisher count: 45 publishers, 95 in attendance, which is fairly typical. The largest attendance I saw was 135 in the late 1990s.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We weren't there.

Doubtful if anyone missed us.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This congregation has a total of 125 publishers on file. Add 25 children who are not publishers...that totals 150 who should be attending meetings. Normal meeting attendance is around 80, which means this congregation constantly has 70 who don't attend meetings. The memorial attendance was 225. The additional 75 was made up of Df'd, inactive or those otherwise with very, very low meeting attendance like myself.

These figures tell me that our congregation is hurting quite a bit and that the elders have the hefty task of increasing the meeting attendance of 80 while at the same time making sure the number (75) of Df'd, inactive and low meeting attendees doesn't grow. No bueno for our congregation!

• stillin
    stillin

The speaker informed us that some 20,000,000 people attended last year's Memorial.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    The speaker informed us that some 20,000,000 people attended last year's Memorial.

This speaker stated the same! Yet the leadership boasts current publisher membership of 8.5 million. That tells me that most of the 11.5 million extra who attend the memorial are disenchanted (Df'd, inactive and very, very low meeting attenders)...hence are a big drag and very burdensome on this organization.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Declining attendance where I am. It was funny though that an American Indian sat in the front row and polished off the entire glass of wine before passing it on. Funniest part was watching goblet passer trying desperately to get it away from him.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Went to a assembly building for memorial but they always change up what and how many congregations go every year so there’s no way to tell real numbers. I did notice a lot of young men and woman that looked like they were only there because of pestering by parents. A lot of bearded men.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Those injuns love their firewater!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

The witnesses 'round my parts distributed 14,000 tracts. You would think that someone brand new would show up. Nope! The 60+ extra people were in attendance are the same one that go every single year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit