Rapper convicted of murder (and cannabalism)

by happyout 14 Replies latest social current

• happyout
    happyout

Rapper Convicted of Murder
    Jun 26, 7:40 AM EST

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A jury has convicted aspiring rap artist Antron Singleton of murder. The panel deliberated less than an hour before convicting Singleton of murder and aggravated mayhem in the April 2002 slaying of a woman. The victim had her chest ripped open and one of her lungs partially eaten. (italics mine)

Jurors will spend today to begin considering Singleton's claim that he was insane at the time of the murder of Tynisha Ysais. Singleton performed under the name Big Lurch. He had recently moved from Texas to Los Angeles to pursue a career in rap. The slain woman's boyfriend testified at trial that he and Singleton had been smoking PCP the night before the murder.

I can't even begin to comment on what should be done to this guy. He ATE part of her lungs! What do you think is the appropriate punishment for this type of crime?

Happyout (shuddering at this news story)

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hang him

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

What the hell does this have to do with rap music? You quoted, but seem to ignore, that he was doing PCP the night before the murder. Don't you think that had a LITTLE more to do with it than the type of music he listened to?

I read online that he was known to drive to the store just to get milk for his Cheerios. Isn't that iffefutable evidence that drinking milk leads to cannibalism?

• happyout
    happyout

Hmmm,

The first article I read said a lot of things about him trying to fit in with the "hard core" rappers, and that's why he was doing drugs. The victim's mother initially tried to sue the label and also Suge Knight, citing their influence on the murderer, and his attempts to win their favor by indulging in the "hard" lifestyle that they represent.

However, no offense intended, and I like some rap music, and didn't mean to put down the whole genre, so maybe I will clarify the title of the thread.

Happyout

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

High Velocity Low Dosage Lead Poisoning!

Thunder

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Hmmm is right. I heard a story once (no, I don't have a link) about two white, suburban kids taking PCP and killing some girl. They also took bites out of her. I honestly don't think the type of music he listened to contributed to this crime. Could you imagine Will Smith getting involved in this type of thing, he's a rapper too?

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

I see nothing wrong with the title ( or past title ) of the thread. No one mentions race in the article or following posts until now, just rapper in the bit of the article avaliable. He was a rapper thus the title.

If indeed this were a football player the headline would have most likely read, Football and Cannablsim or whatever the media decided to use to hook their next victim.

In all honesty when rap is mentioned to me today, I do not see it as a color oriented issue. Yes, at one point in time most rap was performed by black men, today it as far as I know is preformed by both white and black, just about any color of person preforms this type of music. And when I hear the word "Rap" today, I immediatly think of the man who was in the movie 8 Mile who is white.

Just my .02 cents which is not meant to inflame yet perhaps have some think that maybe, just maybe all stigmatisms are not as bad as they once were.

PS

SP I read the article you spoke of, I can't believe some humans at times.

• Simon
    Simon

When anyone says 'rap' I always think they've missed the 'c' off the front.

For me, 99% of it is just noise.

It does have a criminal image and lifestyle attached to some of it.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Cass-

I assumed the guy was black by his name actually. . Antron, not by his profession. But that wasn't my point. I didn't have one, actually. I just wanted to post .

PS I love you.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

What can I say

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit