"Are you the plumber?"

by Jourles 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Jourles, your courage & experience and your mother's response is a defeat for the WTBTS's mind-control techniques.

Out of sight out of mind let's a parent who's shunning their child off the hook emotionally to a great extent, but when they're confronted by that lost child, the dark evil and inhumanity of the shunning & abandonment is overwhelmed by the greatest force in the world - love!

Parents who deny their parenthood when face-face with their offspring in such a situation, either consciously or sub-consciously must seriously detest what they have done, and continue to do.

I hope you can reunite with your mother soon.

• James Jack
    James Jack

Keep us up to date. Thanks for posting your struggles!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I literally cried reading this, the WTS/GB is a disgusting piece of shit dressed up as a way to worship God. I hate it with a passion for perpetuating things like this. Yes, go see your mom again in person if you can.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I'm actually shocked you went back to visit your Egg Donour. That's what I'd call a person who'd abandon their only son because he dared to shine light on an Organization covering up child sexual abuse. Call me a crazy, but a REAL mother would have been PROUD to have a son like you who has moral and principals that far exceed some corrupt "Organization."

I lost both of my JW parents young. I feel for you.

• tiki
    tiki

Touching story....I hope all goes smoothly for you....and I am sure your mom loves you and is very pleased you made the journey back...even if crazy religion has a hold on her mind...

• cha ching
    cha ching

Good for you Jouries! That takes a lot of guts to go see a mom who hasn't written or reached out, and then to be asked if you "are the plumber?"!!

You will be glad you did it, otherwise you would have always wondered. How nice your exJdub friends came with you! How beautiful of them, what precious people they are.

You have survived, you have the great morals to do what is right. Who can keep supporting an organization that keeps doing what is so wrong to it's members.?

Congratulatlions and hugs, always think of yourself as a good person, you made it out, you did your best, even when it is so hard!

hugs, cha ching

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Good for you, please see your mom again. What a beautiful picture.

Fairfield sounded familiar. My youngest brother, (also named Josh) not a JW, lived Iowa City, not far away. Cult ruined him as a child. I think one of my friends who grew up JW but no longer is a dub lives in Fairfield. Ketra (was a JW) and Greg (never a JW, but I was in HS with him). Maybe you crossed paths.

Seems like one of my fellow MTS classmates was from that area. **shrugs**....side notes....squirrel....

Hugs to you, good son you are.

Snakes (Rich)

• LV101
    LV101

I agree neatbluedog -- we should have amazon program ALEXA spread the news about WT cult.

• LV101
    LV101

So happy for you, Jourles -- our hearts are ripped out when there's adverse affects on family.

• Jourles
    Jourles

For the longest time, I kept up an 'out of sight, out of mind' stance. it served me well for a long period. As is the case with most of us and our busy lives, our hearts and minds change over time. I no longer wanted to be the other half of the equation that kept the communication channel shut down.

For many years, my feelings on the matter was, "Fine, I'll play by your rules and ignore you as well. Screw you AND the org." But later on I had an epiphany that rocked me to my core. Love is the most powerful emotion/energy in the universe. If you allow that hate to fester inside for a very long time, it eventually begins to take its toll on your mental and physical health. Everyone has a breaking point. So when this opportunity arose to go see my parents in the most dire of circumstances, I already knew what I had to do. For me, I simply removed my ego from the thinking process and asked, "What's the right thing to do?" By taking away any selfish motive (looking for an excuse that would benefit me), I was left with only one option - show them the love I had been holding back for over a decade even if it meant being rejected by them. At least I would have proper closure and know I did what I could to repair the situation.

No matter what happens from here on out, I'm at peace inside for suppressing my ego and reaching out. Did I make a mistake sending her that Leah Remini clip? Probably. But when she doesn't have much time left, I wanted them to know that I still love them. Even if they can't bring themselves to reciprocate, I understand. I used to be brainwashed too and know how powerful that mind control can be. It's not really their fault - we were all tricked into believing these unnatural things at one point in time. It's not their fault, it's the org's fault. In due time, the beast WILL die and millions will be freed from its indoctrination. We just need to make sure we can do everything within our power to help speed up its destruction. By doing so, we're not just helping our own friends and families, but many other millions as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit