Murderous Jehovah's Witness bludgeoned female customer before leading meeting. Spiritual paradise?

by Balaamsass2 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

We might be reading too much into this. The guy sounds like a certifiable maniac. It's tragic that this wasn't discovered until he murdered someone. I wonder how those JWs feel that were at the meeting he led, knowing that they were in the presence of a deranged psycopath.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    You just wonder what in the world it could possibly take to make people at least question the appointment arrangement when something like this happens.

Aw, shucks! You are forgetting that they are just imperfect men and can make mistakes........

(But you damn well better OBEY them!)

• +
    +

Peter Norgrove was a prison warden

I have already written about it in detail here.

https://www.sektenausstieg.net/infolink/index.php?topic=18749.0

The public service job of Jehovah's Witness was kept secret because the elder was a prison guard.

The Jehovah's Witness was a prison official for 16 years.

A colleague from the detention centre who had worked with the elder now claims to the DailyMail that Peter Norgrove had "temperament problems".

Prior to his employment in the public sector, the Jehovah's Witness worked in the environmental health sector as a prison officer at the notorious and privately operated Category B detention facility, HMP Birmingham.

He worked there between 2002 and 2018, where he was reprimanded several times for disciplinary problems in the service.

The Workplace of the Elder in Street View:
    https://www.google.com/maps/@52.4921527,-1.9386928,3a,75y,30.35h,92.81t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sSaJD6zQ05a4tekmkuJyMMg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

HM Prison Birmingham is a Category B men's prison.

Category B means that it is a closed institution where the prisoners do not need the highest level of security, but who still have to be made very difficult to escape.

The prison was operated by the security company G4S Aktiengesellschaft.

Peter Norgrove, as an elder in his service, carried a weapon.

The company has been criticized and embroiled in numerous controversies.
    It was discredited for its poor working conditions and low pay.

G4S was in the news in June 2016 because of employee Omar Mateen, the shooter behind one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history, who was used by the company as a security guard.

The newspaper has now tracked down a colleague of the Jehovah's Witness murderer.

This colleague, who worked with Norgrove, told the newspaper that the eldest was "moody" at work and had "control problems."

During this time, chaos reigned in the prison as a report found that inmates were systematically using alcohol, drugs, and violence, and that prison staff were subjected to widespread bullying.

In addition, in December 2016, there were staff shortages and a 14-hour riot with at least 500 prisoners in the privately run prison by G4A.

On 16 December 2016, around 600 prisoners took part in a riot at HM Prison Birmingham.

The disturbance has been described as the worst in Britain since the Strangeways uprising of 1990.

Here is one of the numerous reports in the press with a video:
    https://de.euronews.com/2016/12/16/englische-polizei-stuermt-nach-gefangenenrevolte-gefaengnis-in-birmingham

The national chairman of the Prison Officers Association said that more than 30 prison officers had resigned in the weeks leading up to the riot and that further convulsions in the prison were inevitable.

In a statement to Parliament, Justice Secretary Elizabeth Truss said that understaffing was the cause of the 12-hour riot in Birmingham and that the G4S would have to bear the cost of deploying 10 highly skilled elite public sector Tornado teams sent to quell the uprising.

John Thornhill, the president of the Independent Oversight Committee, agreed that inadequate staff in prisons in England and Wales had led to increased violence, leading to "unbridled violence" and the transfer of a "large number of prisoners... to other prisons" that are already overburdened with their own problems and staffing problems."

Peter Clarke, the government's chief inspector of prisons, reported that it was the worst prison he had ever visited.

During his time in prison, there was talk of mistreatment of prisoners, and Jehovah's Witness Peter Norgrove was reputed to "cause trouble."

The colleague told the press:

Quote: "He had a bad reputation and would cause problems with other employees." He complained a lot and had a toxic temperament. What has come to light since then, and the murder, is horrific. It's really shocking. There were disciplinary problems, but they were not comparable to such violence."

Around 11% of the inmates claimed to have been attacked by prison officials.

One particular incident involved a mentally disturbed prisoner who had been denied washing or changing clothes for weeks because the staff believed they were faking his illness.

According to the colleague, Peter Norgrove was fired in 2018.
    However, at the time when the security company G4A was also deprived of supervision of the prison by the government.

• Biahi
    Biahi

My aunt would say, “He wasn’t a REAL Jehovah’s Witness.” You know, the ‘No True Scotsman’ fallacy.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Biahi, Your aunt sounds like my parents.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I like you, 3rd gen!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Baihi, Ditto

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i dont know where or what HMP Birmingham is.

I am aware of HMP Winson Green--which isnt far from Dudley. I knew a JW who was a prison screw at Winson Green in the 60's.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"I am aware of HMP Winson Green--which isnt far from Dudley. I knew a JW who was a prison screw at Winson Green in the 60's."

There's an elephant in the room, both here and concerning the defendant in the above case, at least according to my general understanding of the JW religion.

• Scully
    Scully

Wow, the guy takes over 15 months to do contracted work that could have taken 8 weeks at most?

Seems to me the wrong person got whacked in the head with a hammer.

Isn't there a scripture about "letting your yes mean yes", as in "you entered this agreement, you'd better keep your word"?

This behaviour actually reminds me of the Canadian case of Basil Borutski, who murdered three women in rural Ontario in 2015. He would ingratiate himself to these single women, doing odd jobs around their homes that they didn't want to have done, trying to take over their spare time, etc. really creepy.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10396871/basil-borutski-ontario-man-who-killed-3-women-in-2015-dies-in-prison-csc/#:~:text=Borutski%20was%20found%20guilty%20in,death%20of%20Carol%20Culleton%2C%2066.

He died in prison earlier this month, maintaining his innocence and blaming the women for their brutal murders at his hands. At least he never had an opportunity to go before the parole board or being released after 25 measly years for his crimes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit