Some Black Muslim Beliefs

by MrMoe 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Maybe it shows we really are the same underneath the skin. Racists can come in all colors.

We are all capable of the most beautiful dreams, and the most horrible nightmares. It's our choice, isn't it?

• larc
    larc

I don't think the woman was an extremist. I think she is a true believer in her religion. I have read the Black Muslim literature and I have listened to Faracon (sp?) on TV. They are a hate filled cult, and a danger to the rest of society.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe
    Yes, I bet so. I mean I can't 100%, but the majority do.

I have a very bad feeling you may be right, but mayne not? Shoot, every time I see a a Black Woman wearing a head covering I am going to wonder. SEE?????!!!!!!!!!???? The cycle NEVER STOPS. GRRRRR Now, for the rest of my life, if I see a Black Muslim, I am going to feel wierd because I am going to wonder if htey hate me because of the color of my skin.

Wow, does this open my eyes. For once I know what it is like to be on the other end.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I really question rather or not race has anything to do with this womans statement of obvious hatred. Every time I read something a Muslim has written it seem hatred spews from their writings. So sad, a religion based on hate. Bug

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    So sad, a religion based on hate.

True. But was ours any different?

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Big Tex is right, then again, by me saying religion is hatred based, it makes me hate religion... it's a cycle. I hate turns into another I hate, and round and round it goes. I literally have a stomach ache over what happened today. Very sobering.

• teejay
    teejay
    DO all Black Muslims feel this way? -- MrMoe

You will have to define "Black Muslim." After reading The Autobiography of Malcolm X back in the seventies, my older brother became a member of the Nation of Islam, a militant faction of blacks whose religion was/is loosley based on the Koran. Long story, but this group is not and never were Muslim in the true sense of the word.

StinkyPantz was right about Malcolm X. Through a gradual process of intellectual thought and personal experience, he discovered that the Nation of Islam (led by Elijah Muhammed) was not true Islam. After traveling to Mecca and seeing Muslim brothers of all races, he realized that he had been... uh... led astray. Bamboozled. Hoodwinked. Run amuk. His realization of just how wrong the Nation of Islam was played a huge part in his assasination.

My brother, BTW, has followed Malcolm's journey. He is a very devout (but orthodox) Muslim, and thinks (knows?) that the Nation of Islam is simply a bastardization of Islamic beliefs.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Good point Big Tex. The WTS claims all who don't toe the WT line will die when the big A arrives. Most mainline "christian" organizations say those of us who do not follow their line will roast in hell forever. However, it seems some muslims are more hate filled than others. Just my two cents worth. Bug

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Older Religions period seem to tend to have high instances of discrimination, possibly as a direct result of remaining unadulterated after well over a thousand years. Over a 1,000 years for a religious belief system is a very large number to digest.

Those eastern Religions run some very deep roots into the past... and a past that was based upon tribes, living off the land, and survival. Education and tolerance was not then what it is now.

If you stop to think, mankind in general has been in the complete dark in regards to human equality for it's entire lifetime, up until very recently. The strides we have made to bridging gaps in the last 100 years due to communication and travel is mind boggling indeed. If one stops to truly think about it, we as a human race are emotionally/mentally/culturally evolving at a very rapid pace, and hopefully will continually do so positively. I know jsut a simple matter of say 25 years has made a major impact upon civilation as we have known it. Perhaps one day soon religion can break these oppressive chains as well.

• shera
    shera
    Shera - Oh goodness don't feel bad for me, I am glad it happened. For once I can know what it is like to feel this way.

Oh good,glad you weren't hurt.Your strong Moe

This has nothing to do with religion,but the other day I was out biking.I smile at everyone,just trying to be friendly and all....I smiled at a black man that I see every now and then.He screamed..F@#k-off to me. I was shocked,so I stopped and told him I was just being friendly to him.I didn't mean my smile in any nasty sarcastic manner. I was angry that he did this and on the way home I started to cry...lol I don't want to hurt anyone,but I was thinking he must have had something happen to him that day.I gave him the benifit,that he was mistreated by some white people.Racism is foolish,just because someone has different culture and skin/hair. That person is hated because of this...dumb.

Heather

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit