Anyone Heard Any Good DEMON Stories Lately?

by Cold Steel 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll
    cofty:
    There is nothing for parapsychology to investigate apart from fraud and delusion.

LOL!

So anything that falls outside of your experience or puny preconceptions is either fraud or delusion? How convenient! Yours is just the sort of cognitive rigidity that I was criticizing in my OP. You remind me of Victorian era astronomers who would ridicule people who said they saw rocks falling from the sky (meteorites) because these educated men just knew that there are no rocks floating around in the atmosphere despite what those chicken-little laymen thought they witnessed.

Man, I know you're sincere, but there are times when I can't help but suspect you are a bigger troll than me.

• cofty
    cofty

Ridiculous response.

• heathen
    heathen

I prefer that people stay on topic of which is about ghost stories , thought I was clear but as I said the unbelievers go on about their disbelief more than anyone usually tells their stories . Your disbelief means nothing to me period yet you go on like you are an expert and unless a ghost smacks you in the face you don't believe . Fine don't believe nobody fng cares ... sounds like you're in an echo chamber

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

heathen -

You care enough to keep posting about how much you don't care...

"unless a ghost smacks you in the face you don't believe"

Well that would be a start and significantly more than you have been able to give regarding proof....

• heathen
    heathen

I didn't say I would provide proof , I said I wanted to hear the stories , gee wow . asking too much I guess but anyway believe whatever you want ,l still don't care but will make that the last time I say it ,... this thread is pointless

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll
    Heathen: I prefer that people stay on topic of which is about ghost stories

Sorry, but stirring up fundamentalists has always been an irresistible temptation for me. But I do have a ghost story for you. Like most true ghost stories, it's not scary at all and actually fairly mundane. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was just a flight of imagination, but here goes...

When I was 14 my great uncle, who was legally blind, drove off a cliff with my great aunt in the driver's seat. My uncle walked away with some minor injuries, but my aunt ended up in a coma. I visited her in the hospital the following day and, while her condition had seemed to have stabilized, the doctor didn't know if she would ever wake up.There wasn't anything to do, so we left the hospital.

On our way home, my mom and I stopped at Walmart to pick up some groceries and when I was walking through the aisles I distinctly saw someone who looked exactly like my aunt. To my surprise, she made eye contact with me, smiled and said she loved me but she was dead, then literally vanished before my eyes. I dismissed it as a hallucination until we got home and found a message on our answering machine. It was the hospital. Apparently my aunt had died while we made our way home.

While this had a strong emotional impact at the time, looking back I think it was probably a hallucination brought on by stress. If she had died instantly after the accident and appeared to me before I even knew anything, I would be less skeptical. Still, I suppose it could have been her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit