Just noticed something about my membership here

by JeffT 10 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

I've been a member of this board three years longer than I was a Jehovah's Witness (eighteen vs fifteen). I'm sure I've put in more hours here than I did in field service, it was more fun as well. Anybody else with similar numbers?.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am not there yet. Even when years here surpasses years there, I doubt I would put in the hours I put in as a JW.

Also, I never fake my hours here. (I never really did that there either, but might have rounded up a bit.)

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder
    Time to move on.
  • blondie
    blondie

apostatethunder, some stay and post to help newcomers and keep up on WTS doings. Some still have family in. Each one of us decides when it is time.

18 years

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

I probably won't live long enough-- 42 years in; left at age 52. Out 8 years now.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

blondie, for your own good.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I've been reading here since probably 2000. I've been an official member since 2002. Amazing how much time has gone by. 2020 is just around the corner! Soon! Any day now! (after December 31st, that is)

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

I can mirror WingCommander's comment.

Lurked since 2000 and finally registered in 2002.

Was raised a JW and baptized in the mid 80's. PIMO for decades and decidedly became inactive and haven't been to a meeting since the summer of 2013.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• blondie
    blondie

apostatethunder,

I'm not sure how to understand your comment, for your own good.

If feel it is starting to harm me, then I will stop. So far, not. I have a background that I feel I have to keep in mind why I left. I left (inactive) 3 times before and went back. Now out 18 years and have scaled back my participation in JWN in amount of time and length of my posts. I spend more time not doing ex-jw stuff but feel I can still provide info that might help others. I have received pms from some telling me how I helped them. I look at Barbara Anderson and how she is still at the forefront of the WTS sexual abuse of children and model myself after her. I have met her many times and discussed this with her and how I feel I can still help like her. Ex-catholics and friends have SNAP organized to battle the Catholic Church since 2002 and have not moved on; fighting for others now not just for themselves. It is too bad that ex-jws don't seem to get the same participation as they do. But each one must make their own decision, not be manipulated to follow other people's decisions like I did in the WTS.

• carla
    carla

Good grief! don't tell Jeff T to move on!!!!!! or anybody else for that matter.

I may not talk to Jeff T on a regular basis but he & I go way back.

I am so grateful to long time posters who come and are willing to give advice or just be a shoulder to lean on or vent to. Or to explain the crazy world of the wt to ubm's like me. All the posters are so very valuable each in their own way and in their own time frame of wt-ism.

I continue to be grateful to all of you and to Simon who lets us come here.

Lest I forget, a hardy congratulations to Jeff!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit