JW Baptism Anullment

by Farmer Jim1 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Farmer Jim1
    Farmer Jim1

Has anyone ever successfully annulled their JW baptism? Especially if they were very young when baptised?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

no need to--its just a silly bit of nonsense that has no relevance in the real world.

although i'm sure i would qualify---as if i could give a damn.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It’s easy. Just ask the elders to annul your baptism, and they will announce that farmer Jim is “no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses”.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Everyone thinks they have a special way out. Few find one. An annulment has probably happened somewhere along the line, that. ooooo1% chance, and if you go down that path and it doesn't get annulled, you'll be disfellowshipped instead. Fade, get disfellowshipped, or disassociate, those are your real options.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

who cares, why bother? It's a cult, they make up the BS rules as they go along!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    No need to annul anything because a baptism is only as legit as you imagine it to be.
  • All or nothing
    All or nothing

So I was thinking about how I was baptized as an infant in the Catholic Church and later after that my parents found the jw cult. Then I was baptized as a teenager to officially be part of the cult. So since I was baptized 1st in the Catholic Church, wouldn't that make me still a Catholic? I seriously doubt my parents contacted the Catholic Church to ask them to remove us all from their membership- any thoughts?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

All or nothing, you are still a baptized Catholic, though it is a recognized baptism in many other churches as well. Not so for the JW baptism. That is not considered a baptism the Christian faith, officially. It is a promise to follow a the" spirit directed organization", the cult.

• jeffory1
    jeffory1

I believe Michael Jackson was afforded this way out.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

No, but I do know someone who was baptized TWICE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit