Here is what silly looks like

by Sour Grapes 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

For shits and grins, I looked at an online Sunday meeting a few days ago on YouTube. I was in disbelieve on just how silly everything looks with the Watchtower reader reading from his little iPhone and the Watchtower conductor holding up his iPhone to ask the questions. Then the conductor asked the reader to read a Bible verse and of course, he reads from his little phone. I think that the iPhone use says, "look at me, I am too cool for a big iPad."

I guess that I am old fashion and I would miss actually holding a Bible and turning the pages to the verse. I remember how when a Bible verse was turned to there would be the sound in the Kingdumb Haul of paper pages being flipped through as 60 people thumbed through their Bibles. That sound will soon be gone. Do they still say "Let's turn in our Bibles to....?

It just looks all too silly for me. A Bible study without a Bible.

• zeb
    zeb

and everyone quoting ever more the 'party-line'....

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Do they still say "Let's turn in our Bibles to....?

Not where I still have to go for a still in very elderly parent. It is, "Let's open our tablets to..." Of course I refuse to use electronic gadgets, and I refuse to use the Bible itself either anymore as long as the pompous windbag on the platform cannot be bothered to use one!

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

This cuts both ways. A few years ago we had a poster who complained about how the WT still used paper publications when the world is going all digital.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Whatever happened to the Silver Sword ?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Sour Grapes: "It just looks all too silly for me. A Bible study without a Bible."

Your observation is spot on! From man, woman to child...everyone in the Hall, with a very few exceptions, has an iPad, tablet or smartphone.

Bibles are almost nonexistent. Hardly no book bags by elders or ministerial servants. No hard copy Kingdom Ministries...no hard copy books for the bookstudy and no hard copy magazines for the Watchtower Study. No song books to sing Kingdom Melodies. Everything...the whole meeting program is on electronic devices.

Ultimately...the ones to really lose out in the years to come will be the JW children...as they won't know what it's like to hold an actual Bible...much less navigate from Genesis to Revelation.

• Listener
    Listener

The sacred book is now the sacred e-book but I guess they were once scrolls.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah`s Chariot has now obviously become a Porsche

• Onager
    Onager

What do the poor people do? There must be millions of them?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What a Silly Cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit