JW Broadcasting - simply a platform for narcissists?

by eyeslice 26 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

One thing I notice from sitting through a number of broadcasts is just how much these guys love their titles. It's always Brother Such-and-Such, member of the GB, helper to the teaching committee, etc. It's never simply Brother Such-and-Such, a local elder with Such-and-Such congregation.

It seems to me the witnesses are pretty quick to pick up on Catholics who call their priests father, which at the end of the day is in much the same vein simply a title.

I suspect these titles point to a huge amount of narcissism of the part of those who revel in such titles, certainly it doesn't seem to fall in line with Christ's advocation that the greatest amongst you should be be the least.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Jesus sits in illumination in heaven. Angels are pictured under Jesus in heaven. Where are the Governing Body? The Governing Body are situated in the highest spot on earth. Notice where the individual publishers are? Lowest spot on earth. This illustration was not drawn by mistake!

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

rules and regulations....that isn't the way I see that picture. I think it is "Jehovah" on the throne and Jesus is totally out of the picture..

eyeslice, we were taught to think the clergy as haughty, trying to lord it over others....JW don't have a clergy class, all being equal as brothers and sisters. I don't know how we bought into that, when everyday facts proved otherwise. They created divisions; whereas elders and ministerial servants are mentioned in the Bble, governing body, district and circuit overseers, aux pioneers, pioneers, and publishers are not titles you see in the Bible. They made up that hierarchy. The less hours you publish, the less spiritual and therefore possible bad association you were considered.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    enoughisenough rules and regulations....that isn't the way I see that picture. I think it is "Jehovah" on the throne and Jesus is totally out of the picture..

I had to think hard on who was sitting on the throne. Jehovah or Jesus? If that is Jehovah, where is Jesus?

You may be right!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

If that is Jehovah, where is Jesus?

He is dressed in a white robe just to the right and a little bit lower than the governing body. That was not drawn that way by mistake IMO. They feel they are equal to or even a little higher than Jesus.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

The heading Earthly Part of God's organization doesn't consider Jesus the Head of the congregations. Jesus isn't even given a number, the GB being number one. I never paid attention to that pic until it was pointed out by an ex JW....it is there for the rank and file and they don't even see it. Truly the org. is evil. Where can we find this pic in the publications...I want to check it out again in the context in which it was printed.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Remember the good old days when most of the GB actually kept a semi-low profile?

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Where can we find this pic in the publications...I want to check it out again in the context in which it was printed.

The Watchtower—Study Edition | April 2013

“Do Not Tire Out”

What will help us to keep pace with Jehovah’s organization and maintain our zeal in God’s service?

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

"...let us now listen to brother so-and-so, a fisherman in the sea of..."

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Yes, it is!

GB1.0 did not spotlight themselves. The only photos of this group dubs and any of the general public who were interested/ curious about the Borg were in a few issues of the magazines and within the PROCLAIMERS (large dark green) book. These guys were pretty HUMBLE and to a greater degree APPROACHABLE--if they weren't very busy and couldn't take out time to greet/conversate with anyone (dub or non).

GB2.0, on the other hand, is an EXTREMELY ARROGANT bunch--particularly ANTMO! This person wants people to not only know who the hell he is but also what the hell he is saying and has said. It's as if these folks want to be showcased like all of the other televangelists. They want to be the FACES of this cultporation, and they want their FACES to fill the HEADSPACES of each and every dub on the Planet! 😫 #VERYDESTRUCTIVE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit