So, Anglo-American-Russian world power?

by schnell 11 Replies latest jw friends

• schnell
    schnell

Wasn't Russia strongly hinted recently to be the King of the North once again, as it tried to shut down the WTBTS there? And isn't the King of the North said to lead a coalition of nations against Babylon the Great? So why is the King of the North allying itself with one half of the King of the South, the Anglo-American world power? And why isn't Russia, a largely Orthodox country allied with vastly Muslim Syria, leading anybody against "the world empire of false religion"?

It's nonsense. Of course. It's all nonsense, and the WTBTS's false prophecy, their narrative, is falling apart.

• prologos
    prologos

remember wt tied the Roman empire to the Anglo empire, because the Romans colonized England, London. America already joined hands with Russia in ww2. so, putin and trump can have a trumped-up nuclear and other- arms race, to be strong against any comers, of any hue of skin. king[s] of the north, stretching from Seattle to Sevastopol via the caucasians.

hint to wt.: Russia sold Alaska to the US, so they share that,-- like Rom shared London with the native Englanders.

• schnell
    schnell

In WW2, the King of the North was said to be the Third Reich, and after that it was the Soviet bloc. That king disappeared when the USSR collapsed. When Russia tried to shutter the WTBTS, it was convenient to bring up the King of the North again.

Thankfully, Watchtower's interpretation is not the only one. William J. Schnell compared the statue in Daniel to the Watchtower itself. And Babylon the Great, too.

• prologos
    prologos

the daniel statue has two legs, like in a dual world power ending in the 10 [total] toes, but the whole wt thing does not have a leg to stand on .

• kairos
    kairos

What's about after the UN get's the boot?

Ooops.

It's in the abyss-it's out-it's back in again... Who knew?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

All faithful dubs are looking to any nation that seems to be opposed to the Anglo-American world power to become the new KOTN.

What they are forgetting is that the one big side effect of globalisation is that the interdependencies between nations are simply getting more tightly wound together making the effects of conflict far greater.

Putin may have re-ignited a real love of mother Russia and promoted a sense of solidarity against the West but he is bright enough to know that very few at home really want to see trade and development with the West closed down let alone anything approaching the days of the Cold War and actual conflict.

This is why his response to the frankly childish efforts of Obama to undermine Trump's impending administration by provoking the Russians is very clever and I speak as someone who can't stand Trump or Putin. He has completely defused the situation, taken the moral high ground and kept things from escalating, not because he is weak but because he knows that he doesn't need full blown conflict with the West to keep his people happy - in fact it would do the opposite.

JDubs are wishing the world into conflict yet economics is forcing the world to cooperate and they just can't see it.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

JDubs are wishing the world into conflict yet economics is forcing the world to cooperate and they just can't see it.

Absolutely true.

I have to give it to the WT, they have been very smart and great at keeping their people believing their crap for quite some time. They keep getting their noses trying to predict the future and interpreting politics to accommodate their BS. Seems like it works.

• St George of England
    St George of England

So you don't think I need to dig out my copy of "Your Will be done on Earth" any time soon??

George

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    They keep getting their noses trying to predict the future and interpreting politics to accommodate their BS. Seems like it works.

And when it doesn't then they simply resort to balancing the cognitive dissonance with the good ol' get out of jail card of "Jehovah will put it into their hearts"...

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    So you don't think I need to dig out my copy of "Your Will be done on Earth" any time soon??

It probably makes as much sense as anything out there now...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit