How many wrongs make a right?

by eyeuse2badub 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Came across this little gem while my wife was "digging for bible gems" in her weekly meeting preparation. Nothing new but I gently pointed it out to her as a reminder that bible reading can be hazardous to your mental health!

Do 2 (or 3, or 4) wrongs, make a right? Yep in the bible it sure does!

So we have all heard that 2 wrongs don’t make a right—right? So how come jehober exacts several wrongs to make a right?

2 Samuel chapter 12 is a perfect example. Everyone knows the ‘story’ about how King David screwed Uriah’s wife, got her pregnant, and then planned and conspired to have Uriah basically murdered!

Jehober sends Nathan the prophet to expose David—yadda, yadda!

But the real story here is how the almighty punishes (I mean forgives) David! Let us read:

“You struck down U·ri′ah the Hit′tite with the sword! Then you took his wife as your wife after you killed him by the sword of the Am′mon·ites. 10 Now a sword will never depart from your own house, because you despised me by taking the wife of U·ri′ah the Hit′tite as your wife.’ 11 This is what Jehovah says: ‘Here I am bringing against you calamity from within your own house; and before your own eyes, I will take your wives and give them to another man, and he will lie down with your wives in broad daylight. 12 Although you acted in secret, I will do this in front of all Israel and in broad daylight.’”

13 David then said to Nathan: “I have sinned against Jehovah.” Nathan replied to David: “Jehovah, in turn, forgives your sin. You will not die. 14 Nevertheless, because you have treated Jehovah with utter disrespect in this matter, the son just born to you will certainly die.”

Oh what a loving and just god is jehober! David get called out in front of all Israel, he gets to see his wives get raped in ‘broad daylight’ and best of all, he gets to see a child die!

just saying!

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Yes, but spiritually he was forgiven and all was well. Plus, even though it says God did those things it evidently means God allowed those things to happen and didn't shield him from the consequences of sin.

• sir82
    sir82

Oh, and don't forget - his 2nd son by the woman whose husband he murdered got to be king! And "in the genealogical line leading up to the Messiah".

So, evidently, it was Jehovah's will for David to cuckold, then kill, Uriah.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Two wrongs don't make a right, but they make a good excuse."- Thomas Szasz

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

JW_Rogue

Yes, but spiritually he was forgiven and all was well.

Good answer! Except all didn't go well for Uriah's family and friends.

It's totally a man made story. Old Davie boy, the motherf*cker, didn't even have to "flee" to a so-called 'city of refuge'.

Why not? Because he made the rules. Oh and where the so-called "avengers of blood" for Uriah? No one stood up for that loyal soldier of the king? It's all a bullsh*t story.

just saying!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    There are some bible characters WT really has an erection for that simply cannot do any wrong even when they do wrong and David the adulterating murderer is one of them.
  • Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Somebody wasn't getting any action so they told David that God says that they must F$%$ all 1,000 of his wives. It was the only way to get to do that and not get caught/killed in the act.

• Perry
    Perry
    David get called out in front of all Israel, he gets to see his wives get raped in ‘broad daylight’

Here is a little more research on the incident in historical context.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

I told my pimi wife that I don't believe that God ever allowed things like polygamy or slavery. I told her I think self serving arab men wrote that he did so they could do it. She said she could see what I was saying. I'll take that as a small victory.

I would add this David story to the list. So much bs in the bible. Humans are way too desperate for answers. They choose implausible abusive answers to avoid having their questions go unanswered.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor
    David get called out in front of all Israel, he gets to see his wives get raped in ‘broad daylight’

Here is a little more research on the incident in historical context.

Perry, that whole artical is worse than I thought. Women being forced into marriage to make alliances? Was the girls permission or will even considered? Oh but god is "so kind" to put them into a harem (translation: sex slave). How can and all knowing, all wise, all loving, all kind deity have the brain sense of a bronze age man?

A primitive book written by and for primitive men

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit