Newcastle Assembly

by Gadget 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Gadget
    Gadget

Anyone here going to the Newcastle upon Tyne Assembly this weekend?

• Hamas
    Hamas

Wye aye man.

Not me like.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

No, but would you mind taking notes for me.

cheeses, who, contrary to popular belief, cannot be everywhere at the same time.

• hippikon
    hippikon

Cheeses - You have been away too long - Have you got a note from your mother

• Blackcat
    Blackcat

The venue being the Telewest Arena I believe ? What happened to the Edinburgh assembly, great venue, great city, pity about the assembly !

How many people does the Telewest hold, 6,000 ? and roughly how many attend ?

Maybe it doesnt look so sparse as Murryfield did years ago, when there where 12,000 JW,s in a 55,000 capacity stadium that was 3/4 empty.

I remember walking down Princess St. in Edinburgh wearing my convention badge totally embarassed as a young jw on the evening after every assembly day, the highlight being touring the city on the hunt for female Jw,s wearing there convention badges ! Sad but true !

4 day assemblies are now 3 day I believe ? ( I suppose 3 days of bullshit is better than 4 )

Blackcat <<<<< 1 ex-member who will be spending this weekend a lot better than sitting in some mind-numbing assembly

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hate to rub salt in the wounds Blackcat

But I guess you are one ex member that will be watchting Division one football next season eh ?! Lol

Sorry.

• Gadget
    Gadget

The telewest arena holds 10,000 people, and the last few years theres been about 6-7,000 attending the assembly. I can't ever remember seeing anybody protesting outside it.

Blackcat might be watching first division football next year but Sunderland AFC(aka'the Blackcats'...) are second favorite to come back up next year. The favorite is the Titanic.

• Hamas
    Hamas

LOL

Lets hope Kevin Phillips decides to jump ship

• Blackcat
    Blackcat

If Kevin Philips knows whats good for him he will leave, Sunderland AFC are in a sorry state at the moment being £26 million in debt and having no saleable assets apart from Philips and Sorenson.

Maybe they could get a loan from the WTBTS to bail them out and let the assemblies take place at the Stadium of Light free of charge !

Maybe "New Light" would help at the Stadium of Light and "Divine Intervention" could play a part in the restoration of my team !

• Hamas
    Hamas

LOL

Very true

But the last 'flash of light' at the Stadium of Light was to employ Howard Wilkinson ! I sure hope the light gets brighter....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit