Do You Try To Get Along With Other Members Of This Board?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

I try to get along with everyone ...but if someone offends me(which it takes alot) especially when I share something personal with them and they use it against me or make fun of it ...I ignore them.

For instance i shared something on a thread about a painful time in my life...This person who I thought was my friend came back with a joke about it. I now ignore that person and I learned not to share anything personal on this board again.

• rocketman
    rocketman

lol @ Dedalus and Minimus......

putting the two names in the same sentence makes them sound like a couple of Mythological characters.

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

I try to get along with everybody as I'm not one to ruffle feathers unless a knife is sticking in me.

from IMANALIENTO logging on to hubbys ID

• minimus
    minimus

Rocketman, doesn't the name Dedalus sound so mean? And doesn't minimus sound so nice???

• Phil
    Phil

I would say about 90% of the people on this board are reasonable and understanding. Anyone who writes threads that are in an argumentative tone and vicious should find another thing to do with their lives and stay off this board.

I enjoy what the 90% have to say and I bypass the idiots. It would be more informative if more JWs would write on this board. I am not a JW but I would certainly like to hear what they have to say. The only problem is that they seem to answer simple questions with a sermon which does not appeal to me. Listening to interpretations of the Bible is not very interesting to me as they are only interpretations and as such are proned to excessive scrutiny and debate causing a limitless amount of verbage leading to never never land.

With all the information contained in this board there appears to be very little concrete info on the financial aspects of the WT. So far I have info on the oil transaction and the bomb motor and some property they have bought in Brooklyn and the potential move of some of the WT facility to the North. What city, who knows. This seems to be so little for a multi-billion international organization. Surely there must be some insider sources that are reliable with some read juicy stuff. I read that the Patterson phone book was available but I could not find it. I requested info on the subject with no response. I am trying to assemble all I can on the business end of the WT with little success. Perhaps there is nothing there. Maybe.

• minimus
    minimus

A good JW won't post on this board, Phil.

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

Anyone who writes threads that are in an argumentative tone and vicious should find another thing to do with their lives and stay off this board.

I saw a quote on this once:

Discussion is an exchange of knowledge: argument is an exchange of ignorance.

from IMANALIENTO logging on to hubbys ID

• Jayson
    Jayson

You act elderous Mini? Does that superiority complex ever truly leave one? (just asking its hard for me to understand those who are/were elders)

Should one accomodate mean spirits with evil intent? Should one bow their head and never stand up? No. So in the name of getting along how about can you take it when others disagree with you? Are you willing to stand your ground or always become sheeple to peer pressure? Do you have to be right?

I think those kind can only be avoided. You can't get along with them because they want to control you. They will always betray you if it suits them. I do not find it a must that I get along with "everyone."

"Those who lie for you will lie to you."

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Eman.....I think minimus meant Rooney, you plonker!

• minimus
    minimus

Hey Scoob, Where have you been???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit