by wannaexit 17 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
  • zeb
    zeb

something here doesnt ring true?

Does anyone else feel that?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

What doesn't ring true? She's been on many tv shows, radio programs, wrote a book, was invited to the TED stage. Obviously not everyone is who they say they are, especially on the internet, but why cast non-specific aspersions?

• LV101
    LV101

BRILLIANT! Thanks so much for the share, wannaexit! I hope she's exposing dangerous WT and cults in general daily to educate/protect the innocent.

Thank you, TedEX and Amber Scorah.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Amber Scorah...now there is a beautiful mind! Amber is soo fun and enjoyable to listen to. She is a survivor of a dangerous cult and she's out to warn her fellow man & woman.

How in the hell is the cult (WTBTS) to combat and deal with the backlash? Amber is one of hundreds of thousands of ex-JWs who have in recent years become inactive or, like Amber, have left the cult entirely and are burning bridges behind them in the process.

No bueno for 'Mother'...Yay!

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

As a 4th gen, Caucasian, Mandarin bible study conducting, Uberdub...that woke up via the the very org that trains its member's to stay asleep...everything she said rings true.

• dozy
    dozy

A hugely impressive young woman..what a super speech......

• blondie
    blondie

I watched that late last night, 3 a.m., and saw she put forethought into her presentation. Kept it simple, explained policies but stayed away from biblical opinions about prophecy, etc. She did explain clearly some situations that would be strange to non-jws.

She explained about the busy schedule that allowed not time for thinking about how things related to what she had been taught before, how to reason on events in the bible and how doubts were not allowed.

I am going to listen again when I am more awake.

• Simon
    Simon

I watched it, and sorry but "meh" ... I think it says more about how people who have been in a religion and like to believe it was a cult, now see "cult-like behavior" in everything else.

The reverse is likely more correct: they weren't in a real cult - people were just behaving like people everywhere else always do.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

I recommend reading her book - it was FANTASTIC!

If you are interested in how the WT does things in China, its the only real window into that world I have ever seen.

She is great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit