2018-Annual Service Report!

by Atlantis 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

riddled with lies as we all know, especially with their huge KH sell offs, how many interested/newly baptised ones are going to want to travel miles upon miles to KH's away from their homes? none I'd say, are there increases in the national reports of Japan, Germany, most of Europe? even without looking at it I know there isnt

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

A 1.4% increase, again, this year? I find this very hard to believe to be honest. We really need to scrutinise where this increase is coming from, when/if the full figures are released. It can’t all be coming from Angola and the Congo. And does it offset the decreases in Japan, Germany and elsewhere?

After all the cutbacks, closures, aging membership, scandals, payouts, bans, media exposure, JWs are still growing 1.4%? I don’t know whether to be surprised or skeptical, to be honest. I really expected growth to be zero or negative.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Easy to figure out. When I checked the figures last year it looked Africa had about a 3% growth. So if the western world had negative growth it would avg. Out to 1.4 world wide

• steve2
    steve2

Eventually JW org provides more information. This early drip-feeding has been the norm now for some years - although I must say I am surprised they haven't crowed earlier about the ongoing increases in Memorial attendances. I recall a few short years ago, worldwide memorial attendances was just short of 20 million -now it is well over 20,300,000. My humble hat off to SBF who predicted that memorial atendances would easily eclipse 20 million. I don't think the attendances have kept growing so heathiily in western countries though.

By contrast, they now use peak publishers from year to year as their "new" % of interest. Thus the peak for 2018 is compared with the peak for 2017. Up until now, they have based %s on average numbers publishing with comparisons between the current and the previous years. More curiously, they do not give the average publisher numbers anymore -especially in the country-by-country break down. I cannot imagine them dropping that category if it looked okay but I suspect that for some time now the averages did not eclipse the peaks with the speed that occurred in the past. For example, the average number of publishers would take 2 to 3 years to eclipse the peak of the current year. I worked out one time that it took more years now for that to happen.

Anyway, now that we've been drip fed some main stats, it has whet our appetite for the country-by-country breakdown which usually arrives in mid- to late January.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I believe it has reached a saturation point in the U S where I live, and probably most of the developed countries. But in less developed countries they are a very attractive religion. I have relatives in Congo DR who tell me that the people there are obsessed with money and they believe that becoming a JW will make them rich. Considering their dismal life before, its hard to argue against.

• JeffT
    JeffT

My accounting brain always wants to look up a key stat. This year it took 7,363 hours of field service to produce one baptism. That's three and half years of full time work to make one baptized publisher.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Three and one-half years?!?? Just like Jesus’ ministry!!

DD

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    ...it took 7,363 hours of field service to produce one baptism. That's three and half years of full time work to make one baptized publisher.

And probably most of the baptisms were of born-ins, who were going to get baptized anyway. The number of hrs to bring someone in from the field would be much higher. That's pretty dismal for the Organization.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Those bogus numbers mean nothing. I can make up a group and claim I have more than 20 million members, but it would be made up. Suppose some teacher in a small town boasts about having 8 million students in his German class, when this class is much smaller (and teaches bogus "German"). Does that claim validate the number or the validity of the language? I don't think so.

And neither does the washtowel claiming to have 8 million members, out of which 7.9 million are there under hounding or threats. Threats of having one's life ruined or being sent to the gulags do not constitute a valid motivation to remain in a religion that doesn't even teach what it claims to (and it is rubbish even if it did, since the bibles are books teaching people to be slaves while placing thoughtforms on the world to allow global communism while protecting those responsible from being held accountable). Take out those who, according to their own theology, would not survive Armageddon, and you are probably left with less than 700,000. That's pathetic.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think that guy in Germany has the right idea. They have been telling everyone that something like so many people are joining each day so to keep up this charade they continue to publish this number or a bit greater per year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit