How can angels be sexually attracted to women?

by Island Man 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Island Man
    Island Man

The Nephilim account in Genesis is utterly ridiculous when you consider that angels are sex-less beings and would therefore lack sex-drive and romantic attraction. Think of how difficult it is for humans with a sex drive to be sexually attracted to animals. Now take away that sex drive and it becomes literally impossible. So how could sexless angels notice that the daughters of humans are beautiful and have a desire to sleep with them? It make no sense. It is clear that the writer is ignorant of biology - ignorant of the tight link between biology and sex drive - or he would know that there's no way for genderless and sexless angels to be sexually attracted to humans.

Additionally, how/why are these angels able to produce offspring with humans? Are we supposed to believe that the angels took such great care to construct materialized bodies that are human right down to the level of creating compatible DNA with the right number of chromosomes to ensure offspring can be produced? That would mean that their chief concern was not lust but reproduction. But the text implies that it was lust.

The whole story should seem utterly ridiculous to anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of biology. I think this is perhaps one of the more under-mentioned and under-ridiculed stories of the bible.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

How can Angels be sexually attracted to Women?

Hey Island Man....there you go thinking again.

If it's possible for Satan to turn himself into a talking snake, then anything is possible.

( you'd think he'd have turned himself into a cute little kitten if he wanted to trick Eve but that wouldn't have been as dramatic for the story since we'd have more trouble disliking Satan if he was a fluffy kitten rather than a slithery snake.)

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    It's as if that bible account were completely made up, by a group of ignorant and morally repugnant men.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Some of the sexless Angels were attracted to women yes ? and none of the sexless Angels who were attracted to women were attracted to males ?right ?

What does that tell us? In my mind it might indicate that the Bible writers were all heterosexuall men who secretly lusted after women and that their were no Angels with homosexual tendencies,

or were there .

Good point Island Man ,how did we ever take the Bible seriously.

• Half banana
    Half banana

As you know Island Man, you can't hit myth with facts!

It's like saying Goofy had an affair with Mini Mouse........I can't think of anything more irrelevant. But indeed we all were once bothered by these stupid beliefs of angels, gods and demons. The joy of having grown out of this primary school talk.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

"Think of how difficult it is for humans with a sex drive to be sexually attracted to animals."

oh ?

Image result for pretty camel

• SlappySlap
    SlappySlap

How can human be sexually attracted to animals ? I can't understant it, yet it's possible

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Here's how angels can be sexually attracted to women:

The story was written by some horny dude in the middle east about 2000 years ago.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I have often pondered this same thought process, but from the position of why would god even allow it?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

How? The same way an angel can develop a lust for power as Satan did.

A better question is, how can perfectly created spirit beings deviate so far from God's intended moral code without it being some sort of major flaw in his creation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit