What Should I Say?

by cookiemaster 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Sure its easy.... the CO has limited time to squeeze visits in. He does it really as filler so he dosent have to do a lot of door to door crap

Agreed. This is what you have to do. Remember, he is only around for 1 week, and he has a busy schedule. You are overthinking this. Chance are, even though he said that to you, it's already in the back of this mind.

Plan:

Next meeting, arrive as late as possible. Leave right away.

if somehow he is able to corner you, be ready with a nice excuse about your availability. Perhaps even say "I think i can do it on X day and X time, but i have to check, because blablablabla. So let me get back to you on that before we set anything up. Then, don't follow up.

Spend little time at home during key hours this week, especially the hours preceding dinner, and weekends. It's not unreasonable to think he will try to squeeze a "pop-in" during field circus.

As a last resort, if the meeting happens, then just agree, that you will try do better, and will do better. Thank him for his interest, then give him the finger as he walks away. Go back to your default mode.

• out4good4
    out4good4

Don't understand.....

What happened to being able to just tell people No and not answering anymore questions on the matter?

You don't have to tie yourself in knots just to please them.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Okay guys, so I thought I'd offer a quick update. I told them we can't meet at home as I would be busy into town but they insisted so we met at the hall. Apparently, the old elder that had me pegged as an apostate is leaving to become a CO and a new elder has come. He's only come to the meetings a few times and seems really nice (compared to the old one). Anyway, they already had made up their mind about me before the meeting. They are sure I'm suffering from depression because I'm always serious at the hall and don't talk much with anyone.

I really didn't have to say much at all. They told all the excuses for me and only asked me if their suspicions were right. I said yeah, and that I was very busy with work too. They just said that I can only get encouragement at the hall and they think I should set myself the objective to talk more to the brothers and get involved with spiritual activities. I told them I would think about it. That's about it. Apparently, they think depression can be cured by being more of a slave to the borg. Yeah, no thanks!

They're just desperate because we're a small dying congo. When I was a kid there were 65 members. Now 35 and most a elderly and dying quickly. I'm the only male under 40, and I don't give a crap about it, so I bet that this congregation will be extinct in a decade, unless they give some artificial member infusions from other congos. It's the only congo on a 50 mile radius too, so JWs are really becoming extinct here. It's great. They're really desperate for members and the only new members they can get are very old lonely ladies.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Tell him the reason you dont comment at meetings is that you feel doing so just supports the false corrupt doctrines of this organization and aids in the further brainwashing of people with these false teachings..

Just kidding

It all depends on your own situation and your plan of fading out of this cult/religion.

You can always tell little white lies like yes I should comment more and I should go out in service more yep

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you did great.

Keep up the charade but maybe skip a few more meetings in the next 2-3 weeks. Let them see that their effort to 'encourage' you has exactly the opposite effect.

When they push, you recede further.

It will help to condition the new COBE to *not* push you or make you feel more guilty. Let him clearly see that you are not someone he can rely on to help with KH or FS matters.

Let their shepherding call backfire on them by taking your fade to the next level.

A suggestion of somethings to do on meeting nights is see a movie by yourself, work overtime, go to your local library. Or just go to bed early.

• preymanchis
    preymanchis

then give him the finger as he walks away. Go back to your default mode.

😂 😂 😂 love that one. Best so far

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Wow they gave you a get out of jail free card.. Funny... Seems like they intentionally made it easy on you..

Maybe you can do a proper fade, now that the head Gestapo guy is gone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit