Ozzie's Weekend Poll #53

by ozziepost 27 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

What a glorious weekend! Well, ours is anyway!! Hope yours is too. Weather down here is just perfect. Bright sunny winter days with crisp nights. Trees have gone past turning their leaves to brown. It looks just wonderful!

I think we should have an uplifting topic for this weekend's poll. How about this one, direct from the Writing Department too!

This weekend's poll question is:

What do you find weird about the Borg's earthly paradise?

1. Playing with lions. (Do you want to??)

2. I could live in the best house in the street.....without streets!

3. No cars

4. No roads. (That could be a good reason to miss the post-Armageddon meetings!!)

5. Princes.

6. Working to clean up a destroyed earth under the control of the Borg is "paradise" ??????

7. Who would welcome back the children of so-called "anointed" ones?

8. An abundance of consumer goods without factories.

9. The WTS always show illustrations of houses after Armageddon but never Kingdom Halls. Strange?

10. Other (you add your own!)

Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Enjoy.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Francois
    Francois

I find it weird that we're going to need, according to them, the continuing presence of the FDS for governing the perfected inhabitant of earth. I don't think the Borg has carefully thought through the implications of perfect beings living on this tiny dust most throughout eternity - marooned here by a "loving" God.

A loving God would make immortal beings capable, through some agency, of traveling throught time and space to visit other of his created beings and things, dontcha think?

francois

• Aztec
    Aztec

Other..

Living forever has always boggled my mind. Who would want to? Especially with jdubs? Talk about hell on earth!

~Aztec

PS I wouldn't mind playing with lions.

• blondie
    blondie

10. Why all the pictures of the "new system" show large expanses of mown grass. Since it is so hard to find brothers to volunteer for the "privilege" of mowing the grass at so many KHs, I wonder who is going to mow all that grass.

Every picture also looks like a landscaping dream. Are there going to be no wildflowers and natural settings that aren't plucked to an unnatural scene.

Blondie

• Scully
    Scully

This always bugged me a lot:

6. Working to clean up a destroyed earth under the control of the Borg is "paradise" ??????

I mean, c'mon!!! Jehovah is supposed to be GOD ALMIGHTY, isn't he?? He goes and destroys everything and expects EVERYONE ELSE to clean up HIS mess?? If he's GOD ALMIGHTY, why the hell can't he clean up his own damn mess??

When I think of Jehovah in that context, I have visions of a hyperactive 3 year old who's off his Ritalin.

Love, Scully

• Aztec
    Aztec

Blondie, that made me giggle! Thanks!

~Aztec

PS my son told me to change my avatar to buttercup because he liked scully and your pics and he thinks I'm good powerpuff material...LOL!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I always wondered who would be doing the work - making clothes, making the material to make the clothes, farming, making our food, who does the laundry and the cooking and cleaning.

Notice they don't show people doing real life things - those houses need to be built and painted every now and then.

Who exactly is running the power plant to get the electricity and where do we get the water from

Hated too that they showed all these fabulous picnics and playtime and they wouldn't allow us to get together in a group for a picnic

Since I did my suzie-home-maker thing as a JW I always wondered about these things. Figured I had lots of practice making clothes and jam etc I would wind up being a teacher for all those who didn't have a clue how to make a dress or how to bake a cake from scratch or hammer a nail

Hmmm who is going to make those hammers and nails and the pots and pans

I could go on and on

the bare necessities of life will come to you.

NOT

• gumby
    gumby

I find it strange there will be no dogs in the New System! No dogs? Try and find over two pictures of a dog shown in a New System picture in any of the magazines. Someone doesn't like dogs.

Gumby

• Mulan
    Mulan

I'm with Scully on this one. I didn't like the idea of burying all the dead bodies and cleaning up the earth.

• Englishman
    Englishman

In the new system all men will wear white shirts and blue trousers. Ladies will wear knee-length dresses and have long hair.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit