Repeal of Internet Neutrality. How will it affect surfers?

by Fisherman 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Today the FCC voted against internet neutrality.

• Jayk
    Jayk

I kinda understand the good and bad in this situation. I would prefer a way of being charged for the things I use but not the things I dont. Lets just say personally I mostly text with my phone and don't make to many phone call. So I have a plan with ultimate texts and 300 mins. Now Internet companies are trying to monetize Internet use (social media, email, ect...) So if you only use your Internet for emailing. Why pay for all the other features you don't really use.. Now very easy could this be abused by the company's and is going to. So now we will see what happens when this plays out. Data packages are a total scam, it doesn't cost them more $$ to give you ultimated but because they can charge for it they do.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

It wont affect anything. So called net neutrality rules were put in place just two years ago and the interwebs were awesome before them. Also bear in mind the fcc has specifically called on congress to make laws regarding the same issues the net neutrality regulations addressed.

This is essentially an argument between philosophies, law making vs regulating under existing frame work. Im a libertarian leaning type of guy and prefer less government over more. Show me an abuse that needs to be addressed and we can talk , but the so called net neutrality laws werent addressing any abuse.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(Bookmarking)

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Rotflmao 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 i love downvotes, i really do, but please make an argument counter to what i said 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.

• scratchme1010
  • scratchme1010
  • John Davis
    John Davis

Net neutrality really isn't an issue that some people think of it as, they think that the carriers are going to be charging consumers differently, that is not so. What carriers will now be able to do is charge content developers for the right to send their content faster. So Netflix can pay Charter so that Charter will give their content better service than they will give to Hulu. Net neutrality said that all content must be treated the same no matter who created it or where the source is. There are two main problems, first content makers may raise prices because they may choose pay carriers for the right to this faster service. Second, newer content companies without a lot of backing may not be able to pay carriers for these faster services which may stifle competition.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Net Neutrality ... another name that means exactly the opposite of the reality.

Net Neutrality = Government Regulation and Price controls

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@_Morpheus: I debated whether to up vote your comment or down vote it. Aggg, so torn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit