Are the 2015 Belgium Concert for Delegates and Kingdom Hall Cowboy Footloose Videos on Youtube for real?

by Maryo 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Maryo
    Maryo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo0FXYk4IBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QxDGtAsKFM

I find these shocking. In years past, this sort of things would NEVER have been permitted. I saw some other videos involving singing in the Kingdom Hall that are shocking too. In my day, we could not even drink a cup of coffee in the Kingdom Hall as it was strictly for Jehovah's worship. My, how things evidently have changed!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

MaryO, I'm not sure why you got a "dislike" on your post, because you are exactly right! Food & drink was only allowed in "God's House" (Kingdom Hall) for its Dedication (cookies and soft drinks) and the Memorial Celebration (wine & crackers).

And let's not even discuss Elvis Presley music. Obscene. Immoral.

That "THUD" you just heard was the old GB boys turning over in their graves.

Doc

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome maryo

There is just so much wrong , JW`s / standards that they used to insist upon in those video`s especially the footloose one .It`s obviously taken in a KH. that would never have happened in my time in the Borg. 1960-1993 .

Denim jeans was not an Appropiate attire for a male in a K.H. let alone a female., and males wearing hats inside a place of worship ? Sacrelidge , let alone the cat calling out as the song progressed .

C.T. Russell would not just be turning over in his grave , he would be doing cartwheels in his grave.

The Jw Special Convention Concert is worthy of a fundamentalist revival meeting.complete with worldly songs..

I honestly wonder how the real old timers who spent the best part of there lives supporting this religion and expecting the end to come any day now , umpteen years ago ,,view this new trend of worldliness taking over the more conservative side of the religion they were so used to.

smiddy

• Maryo
    Maryo
    Yes, the Old Timers I remember would be more shocked than I am ... and would add righteous indignation and outrage. I remember after I disassociated and attended a church for the first time how liberated I felt being able to have coffee after the service! Perhaps the "dislike" was a mistake? I want to be popular!
  • Maryo
    Maryo
    You are absolutely right, Smiddy, great description. The Belgium one is very reminiscent of a fundamentalist revival meeting, complete with worldly songs! As one of my sisters used to say, "absolutely unreal." A story from my family: in the 1980s, a pair of JWs came to my other sister's house. [She was raised around the truth but never baptized.] She brought up Michael Jackson to them and how his music, demeanor, etc., etc., was far from what we were told was appropriate for a Christian. We could not even have pictures of the Beatles in our lockers. The JWs responded that "Jehovah will judge Michael Jackson." My sister said, "Oh, I see, Jehovah is going to judge Michael Jackson ... and in the meantime you will take care of the rest of us!"
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

WOW! I can't get over the women screaming like they're watching a male stripper revue!

It looks like they saved all the left over wine from that past 40 years of memorials where no one partook and shared it all on one night!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Maryo, When I see these videos I am shocked too. I woke up to WT lies almost 5 years ago, and since then there has been so many ridiculous statements by GB. Example, instead of the 2014 Annual Meeting being 100 years of Christ's... what? The GB didn't say anything because they were ranting about what people chose to wear. So now we all know that bright socks are a sin in WTLand. And that must be so very important to know. (???)

In my new life, I don't tell anyone I was a Jdub. They are a laughing stock.

These videos, taped at the KHall. I am so flabbergasted, I am speechless. Unfortunately, there are quite a few of them. I staked my life on this religion that I never investagated.

LoisLane

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

New life....if ONLY......

DD 😔

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

It's like the Happy video, there are some things changed in JW spiritual paradise.

It seems they want to show they are just normal people, but they are not.

Gorby

• carla
    carla

Aren't they supposed to pay the original artists or labels to use their songs in that way? (thinking of the Elvis & Sister Sledge one in particular)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit