Did you ever really fear Jehovah?

by Tower Man 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Tower Man
    Tower Man

Hi,

I just put a new mp3 audio on my site by Bill & Laura Althaus. It's from 1996 at the Witnesses Now For Jesus Convention in Pennsylvania. You can hear it at: http://www.towertotruth.net/audio.htm

It's near the bottom section of the testimonies. Here's their caption:

Growing up fearing God as a child and later being disfellowshipped, Bill & Laura began deeply researching the Society and came to realize that it wasn’t Jehovah God they were coming against, but a man-made organization. They both came to experience God’s unconditional love and salvation through Jesus Christ .

Tower Man

• berylblue
    berylblue

In answer to your question, yes. Very much so. I still do.

Rosemarie

• acsot
    acsot

Jehovah was a vengeful, petty and harsh rule-maker - I was terrified of him and conflicted because I could never reconcile that way of seeing him with the verse "God is love".

Now I am a very happy agnostic.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Yes I did. As of today, I don't feel he even exists. He has never answered the one thing I've been praying hard for the past 3 years.

• Amazing
    Amazing

In some ways I did, but it was only if I did something I sholdn't have. Generally, as the time wore on, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 years, Jehovah became les and less relevant to my life ... and the Watchtower organization became both boring and a nuisance. It all became very interesting when I left the religion.

Today I do not fear God in any manner. I am looking for God so I can place him under citizens arrest and see him tried alongside the devil for high crimes against the human race ... seriously ... I am in a struggle to understand God, and make sense of many things that are nonsensical ... my only remaining vestage of hope is in Jesus Christ. But fear? No, never again. - Jim W.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Yes I did. As of today, I don't feel he even exists. He has never answered the one thing I've been praying hard for the past 3 years.

Spunky, I'm sorry.

• gumby
    gumby
    In some ways I did, but it was only if I did something I sholdn't have

Same here Jim. I guess we had no need to fear him otherwise.

The guilt we carried and the fear of dying at his hands when we did wrong was pretty strong.......at least for me it was. I remember in the 70's when I first smoked weed and I was a M.S. I remember it was months of crying at night and feeling so awful of what I had done and the fear I then had of him.

( now when I twist up a fatty........it doesn't phase me )

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

Amazing, I believe you were "anointed". Do you still feel that you are going to heaven?....btw, It's nice to see you back!!!!

• saltiest
    saltiest

Nope, never feared Jehovah because I never believed in him. I did fear the back room in the Hall and getting a "talking to" from the elders. Never failed, I was always doing something they didn't approve of. Now, I just laugh at the idea of those pathetic, powerless men and how they used to scare me.

Alicia

• simplesally
    simplesally

Not afraid of him, but yes, fear him as in the same not wanting to disappoint him. I was never, still not, afraid to go to hell or afraid of Jehovah. I think I still have a fear of God. I just don't feel controlled by a bunch of BS mind-contolling idiots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit