Do elders only beat up on women?

by aunthill 17 Replies latest jw friends

• aunthill
    aunthill

I find it interesting that of all the horror stories I have read on this forum, it seems that women are the subject of the elders' abuse much more than men. Is it because the elders feel more comfortable beating up, excuse me, "counseling" women, or is it because we women are more open with our feelings?

Personally, I was mainly the object of neglect. I once stopped going to meetings for 3 months to see if anybody (elder) would notice and call. I didn't receive one call from anybody! Not even my so-called friends. Then I was stupidly feeling guilty so I went back for more abuse.

Comments, please.

• shamus
    shamus

aunthill,

I, too, did the same thing - stopped going to meetings for a long period of time, and nobody called, NOBODY. Isn't it sad? They speak of such love... yet it's not present. Jesus disciples have love amongst themselves..... don't forget that, and don't forget that your story is not an isolated case...

Elders do sometimes beat up on their wives - NOT ALL, but some do... and what can the wife do? Nothing. Go to the body of elders? It gets swept under the carpet... A friend of mine was being beaten up by his step-father... he went to the elders and they did nothing.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Every elder I've ever had dealings with treated their wives less like a person with feelings and more like a material possession.

Can any of the "sista's" out there vouch for this?

• Valis
    Valis

No, it isn't just their wives..I know of at least one case where one of the most prominent elders in our congo...Paul M. from Beverely Hills, Dallas congo beat his son Dax (R.I.P.) up many times...everyone knew,but no one ever interceded..he was too rich and bailed the congo out too many times when paying the bills was more important than doing the right thing.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Valis: How sad

• aunthill
    aunthill

Shamus, It is a sad state of affairs that after the initial love-bombing you can not even be missed.

I guess I should have been more specific in the Subject line - as well as physically beating their wives and children, I am interested in the verbal abuse of any sister, i.e. "I know you have been in the hospital in a coma for 6 months, Do you mean to tell me you have no time to report? And meetings, why haven't we seen you at the meetings in the past 6 months?" That sort of thing.

How do I change the subject line?

Aunthill

• shamus
    shamus

You can't, aunthill... just start another thread... it is an interesting topic, and you will find that it's not just us two that have had that happen to us!

• minimus
    minimus

Elders do not "beat up" women in the sense that they hit them. Geesh.....But most elders abuse their authority and emotionally beat up the flock with unending demands and guilt.And if they know they can "beat up" Brother Timid, they will. Human nature seems to take over, no matter where you are.

• aunthill
    aunthill

Thanks. I'll start another thread. "Do elders only verbally abuse women?'

• avishai
    avishai
    Elders do not "beat up" women in the sense that they hit them

Wanna bet? Tell that to my mom, who had her ass kicked by an elder that she was evicting, because they started treating her like crap, slacking on bills etc., because she happened to be df'd. I have him admitting it on tape.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit