No Longer Afraid

by compound complex 26 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, dear friends and fellow survivors:

I am grateful to be alive and associated with like-minded people, both here on this wonderful forum and in day-to-day interaction with friends, neighbors, clients, but, sadly, few if any Jehovah's Witnesses. I have, somehow, become detached from the sadness and sorrow of the past, about which I have written on this and other ex-JW forums for some dozen-plus years.

Dunno why, but it seems to come out in rather poetic fashion, which is not everyone's cup of tea, but this manner of expression is linked to how I've survived.

Love you all,

Frank Carton

RECENT HAPPENINGS CLOSE TO HOME bewilder me by day, terrify me by night.

Immersed in profound waters of both doubt and despair, I struggle and gasp my way to a far-off shore encased in black mist.

Yet, the shroud of fog does rise. I see through the windows to my soul and arrive at a calmer state of mind; tranquility replaces anxiety and confusion. Scattered pieces of life's puzzle assemble, interlocking.

Once disconnected events -- the past flowing into my present -- form a meaningful whole. It is a continuation of life, a flowing stream whose source has bubbled forth since times unrecorded.

In that timeless flow from then to now, I am an onshore observer, not participant. Rushing past me, in vision, are people and cities and marvels of nature and . . . The environs of childhood edge their way into my present reality. I see who I was and what I have become.

Contentment and peace . . . at long last. . . .

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

Beautiful...thank you for sharing.

• steve2
    steve2

Very clear and compelling. ❤️

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Awakenednow and steve2, for your posts. They are very much appreciated.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Coco.

I`ve always loved your creative writing.

I see through the windows to my soul and arrive at a calmer state of mind;

I`m happy your in a good place now.

Some of us are still throwing rocks at our windows.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning and thank you, OUTLAW, my fave chef!

I used to be a bundle of nerves, a walking time bomb. Now, I'm just a fizzled-out firecracker. Works for me, no more drama.

Some of us are still throwing rocks at our windows. -- OUTLAW

People who live in stone houses shouldn't through glass, but is that what the man said?!?!?!?!?

• LV101
    LV101

Relatable and beautiful -- sounds like you've reached your nirvana. Thanks for sharing.

LOL - Ditto Outlaw's last sentence with a mixture of trying to 'maintain' during the challenges smogging/fogging our delusion of perfect life.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, LV101, for your pleasant words.

Well, as Julie sang so beautifully, I think of my favorite things when the bee stings and when the dog bites!

Take care.

• stillin
    stillin

Coco, thanks. Your writing is lovely. Have you ever read a book just because the writing is so beautiful? I could read yours like that.

Keep cranking it out!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

People who live in stone houses shouldn't throw glass, but is that what the man said?!?!?!?!?....Coco

I think it`s:

People Who Own a Ass Glass,

Should Fill It With Beer!...

Image result for glass ass

Yep, that`s probably right...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit