What do the British think of Camilla Parker Bowles?

by unbeliever 50 Replies latest jw friends

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Sorry Dansk

But I really don't have must respect for the Royal Family.

Diana was a beautiful person, she got sucked into the Royal farce, got chewed up and spit out, basically what the borg does.

Thats my opinion.

• Hamas
    Hamas

I can't stand her, just like I can't stand the rest of the Royal family.

Apart from maybe the Queen, she conducts herself well In my opinion and is a good way of soliciting money from gullible Americans.

They say Beauty is skin deep;

If that is the case Camila Parker Bowles is inside out.

• Dansk
    Dansk

CJ,

I don't respect the Royals either. And Diana was NOT the sweetie teetie she was made out to be, although I respect very much her charity work. However, that isn't the point here. You and others have rounded on Camilla's looks. I don't think she's attractive, either, but I've met some of the people who've posted here and none of them would win a beauty parade, believe me! I also daresay there are others who post here who are even less attractive than Ms. Bowles. How'd you think they feel?! Royalty has got nothing to do with it. The woman can't help how she looks, may have a heart of gold and is in love with Charlie (and vice versa). Tomorrow some here may be in a terrible disfiguring car crash. Would they be quick to say she's ugly then?

Leave the woman alone.

Dansk

• Hamas
    Hamas

Here here Dansk,

Looks are not everything. She may not look great, but like you say, she might have a heart of gold. I admire your stance on this subject Dansk.

• Simon
    Simon

You're right Dansk ...

I think they all suck, the ugly ones and the slightly less-deformed, in-bred ones.

Our best option is to sell them all lock-stock to the Americans while their stock is high. If we delay, they'll end up being worthless.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Any of you read "The Queen & Me"? Can't remember who wrote it, but it's a hilarious "what if" book about the royals getting booted out of office and into government housing and how they'd cope.

Nina

• Earnest
    Earnest

There doesn't seem any doubt that both Camilla and Charles are adulterers but I doubt that of itself makes them whores. In fact there are precious few kings of England that have not been adulterous. Camilla's crime (apart from making the marriage a bit crowded, in Diana's famous phrase) is not adultery but divorce, as the king (or queen) cannot marry a divorcee as they are head of the Church of England. Which is why princess Margaret gave up Peter Townsend and Edward VIII gave up the throne in 1936. At least Camilla is British (unlike Wallis Simpson).

Earnest

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((((((((((((Dansk))))))))))))))))) You're such a sweetie!

• Mulan
    Mulan
    The woman can't help how she looks, may have a heart of gold and is in love with Charlie (and vice versa).

I love this comment, Dansk. Having grown up in a house of more than average looking people (mother was drop dead gorgeous, my brother looked like a movie star, and my Dad was very handsome). I was average looking, not ugly, but not someone people would exclaim over my beauty.............I always wondered why I couldn't be beautiful too.

So the thought that Camilla is a lesser person because she isn't the beauty Diana was, was offensive to me. I know that there are many people in the world, who are worth knowing, highly intelligent, loving people who aren't of the "beautiful" group.

I made up for my lack of beauty though..................I am very outgoing, above average intelligence and never had to rely on my looks for anything............not boyfriends.............and I had a lot of them, or grades or attention. Personality is everything, in my book.

The point is.........Camilla has something going for her, other than her looks. The laws over there are just ridiculous...........let them get married and let her be his queen if he wants her to be.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    I was average looking, not ugly, but not someone people would exclaim over my beauty

I disagree, Mulan. You are gorgeous! Beautiful smile, lovely features, great personality, and smart too.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit