BBC: US tries to Boost Patriotism, Faked Rescue: Jessica Lynch

by Cassiline 57 Replies latest social current

• foreword
    foreword

Yeru,

You automatically link 9/11 to Al-Qaeda, could you post proofs of that. I'm not saying they didn't do it, but I don't think it has been proven yet.

The article stated

Democrats and some Republicans are expressing public concerns that the main reasons by which Washington and London justified the war – Iraq's weapons and links with al-Qa'ida – were based on false or greatly exaggerated intelligence claims.

Jane Harman, the senior Democrat on the House Select Committee on Intelligence, said: "This could conceivably be the greatest intelligence hoax of all time. I doubt it, but we have to ask. It was the moral justification for the war. I think the world is owed an accounting."

Yes, I do think the world is owe an accounting.

That's it for me. Sorry if I insulted you, I didn't mean it. The subject just grips my guts and I get carried away. I had stayed away from these threads for a while, and I think I'll just have to do that.

• foreword
    foreword

Yeru, I think we posted pretty much at the same time. I guess my apologies came after. Yes let's cool things down. Don't mind me too much I'm just weird like that OK.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Al Qaeda and 9-11 no problem, the Al Qaeda we have admit it, as does Bin Laden. Iraq an 9-11...well I don't recall the administration making THAT connection. Terrorism extends well beyond what happened on 9-11. Saddam was funding Islamic Jihad. The US took down three terror camps in Iraq, plus a training facility that did indeed have a jet that somebody was training on...plus the fact that the Czech's still insist Ata met with Iraqi intelligence. I seem to remember some Intel winnie we took in Iraq admitting as much. If I can find that link I'll post it. Plus we have several well known and pretty big time Terrorists living right in Baghdad. I'd say the link to Terrorism is pretty clear, and with the Air Craft fuselage at the training facility, and Czech still saying the Ata meeting took place, well, I just don't believe in coincidence, not on that scale.

• foreword
    foreword

You really don't have to provide the link, I'd have to be pretty stupid to not believe Al-Qaeda was behind most terror attacks, and I don't support their activities either.

It just bugs me that we can't get a straight story. I think that's what I'm mostly against. I can't stand being taken for a ride by medias and governments. If you know what I mean. People always have to pry to get an answer, and when you finally get one, you have to be suspicious about it.

All right that's it, I'm taking a vacation.....lol

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Fore,

I guess I can agree with you there. Governments by their very nature don't seem to be real open. Then again, the nature of intelligence gathering doesn't really lend itself to terms like "certainty".

I guess we're done barking at each other, so I'll close out with my favorite end to an arguement, one for which there is no come back..........................................................................................Ready?

Here it comes...

NA NA DA BOO BOO!

• patio34
    patio34

I really admire the men and women that serve in the armed forces. They're needed and can be real heroes. I would support them as individuals at all times.

That doesn't mean that any war action undertaken by any particular administration is right, though, in my opinion.

Nor does it mean that the Pentagon couldn't have played the Lynch rescue the best way they could have. What they could have done was highlight the valor of the rescuers, Jessica Lynch, and the kindness of the hospital staff. And they could have gotten the doors repaired that were kicked in.

Pat

• patio34
    patio34

It seems unfortunate to me that disagreeing with the war equals not supporting the troops. That's a shame really and not accurate because it's oversimplification into only two choices. Of course, as is stated repeatedly, the best support for the troops is to bring them home, keep them protected from Depleted Uranium, and not cut benefits for the veterans. There's a broad spectrum to supporting the troops.

Pat

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Nothing surprizes me anymore when it comes to "the facts" on reporting the "truth".----no pun intended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit