Nightmare on memorial night. This cult really sucks.

by Still Totally ADD 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

This morning I woke up from a good night's sleep to a horrible nightmare. As soon as I woke up I asked myself when am I going to get this cult out of my head. As a disclaimer I just want you all to know my wife would never do this because she is a hard fast atheist. Here is the nightmare (I came home to find my wife dress in a red dress. I ask her were is she was going and she said I am going to the memorial and I am running late. I said in a confused voice "are you nuts, why would you be going there. She told me she has reconsider what she has believe and feels the wt has it right. I told her I can't believe what you are saying and further more are you wanting me to go. ). I woke up before I got a answer. What a way to wake up from a good night sleep. I think this dream came up because on Sunday afternoon when we came home there was a wt pamphlet in our door inviting us to the memorial on Tuesday at 9:30 PM. Both my wife and I joked about how late it was and who in their right mind would go to a strange place that late at night. Especially on a work night. Of course when we went to bed last night my wife did say just think the memorial is just now getting started. We both laughed. It just amazing how the control of this cult still effects me even though I have not step into a kingdom Hall for over 6 years now. Anyone else have these silly dreams? I now need to get back to my reprograming. Still Totally ADD

• blondie
    blondie

It was a dream that you knew could not be true. It's a nightmare when you wake up and remember it is true.

17 years of not attending the Reject Jesus party.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

What a story STADD and yes, the cult sucks! I had a dream long time ago while still in, but I won't tell about it now. Maybe another time. Welcome to the world of indoctrination!

• kpop
    kpop

Are you sure this was just a nightmare? Sounds like reality in the cult. I'm forced to go to meetings just to please my brainwashed parents or else they will disown me. I'm sure this make Joke-hova happy.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"There is a crack, a crack, in everything.

That's how the light gets in." -- Leonard Cohen

Perhaps your dream was a consequence of cognitive dissonance;

on the other hand, it might have been a bit of un-digested potato.

Nothing to fear, either way.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

I used to dream every night about JW related things during the first 5 years (or more) after I left.

I always found it very strange because I never had any doubt about they being wrong since I learned TTATT.

But they have a creepy metaphysical bond with those who ever were one of them.

Sometimes I still dream about them but it's not so frequently now.

I'm convinced this bond will remain until I die. I already desisted to fight against it and accepted that some things are irreversible.

It's hard to explain but I like to keep in touch with all their doctrinal changes because doing that I'm giving them the opportunity to explain themselves better and I can say that I'm not close-minded. This position makes me feel better regarding this creepy bond with them.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I'm sure many a older former Catholic still has scary dreams stemming from the beliefs that were taught to them as children. It's likely that many old Catholics still cringe a bit when they eat meat on a Friday even thought they've gotten the OK to do so.

I've heard of old JW folks who are stricken by dementia who return to the (Christendom based) ideas taught to them as children. An old sister in our congregation, when saying goodbye to people at the Hall, used to say in a cheery voice "Bye -bye....see you round the Christmas tree."

The ideas or beliefs that were once held in place by emotion (fear) are very difficult to get rid of, even when we recognize the false logic used to present the ideas to us in the first place.

I'm sure that even after it was proven that the earth was round rather than flat, there were many long time sailors who were still nervous when sailing toward the horizon. They probably even had nightmares about it.

In my reoccurring JW dream I suddenly realize that I've signed up for Bethel again and there's no way to get out of it without shaming my family. I spend the dream wondering what possessed me to do such a thing and how I'm going to get out of there, get my house and job back and who's going to support my family. (I'm always so relieved to wake up from that one and find out it's only a dream)

• darkspilver
  • Moster
    Moster

Found this link interesting regarding the 144,000 and the WT literal application.

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/604-who-are-the-144-000-of-revelation-7-and-14

not sure how I feel about the Christian Courier, but was an interesting read.

• Moster
    Moster

darkspliver - where on earth was that? Looks pretty ritzy for a kingdom hall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit