anyone else find that...

by Ghost of Esmeralda 18 Replies latest jw friends

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

I just had a friend whom I gave some free tickets to a comedy club ($20 value) on her b-day, and when at the club she'd expected me to pay for dinner and her drinks! I had also given her a beautiful candle and holder to boot. She was not grateful and months later, we are not friends (for other issues besides her b-day). That is just one example...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm sorry you're feeling down GOE. I just celebrated my first birthday in 30 years and I kind of enjoyed. Felt weird, but I didn't feel depressed. Do you think your feelings might be about something else?

Don't worry, things will be okay.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ESSIE!!!!

Here's hoping THIS year's birthday that things will go well for you!

Luvya,

Annie

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

((((((((Spunky))))))))))

Thanks, sorry I misunderstood you. Probably is other things getting me down today too, been kind of a bummer month and healthwise things suck. I have to go to the dr. tomorrow for more tests, lots of crud going on elsewise...thank heaven for my sweet husband and you guys or I'd be sitting in a corner going *bwbwbwbwbwb* (finger over lips) by now...

hugs

essie

p.s. now that i think about it, it was around my 21st birthday I miscarried my first baby. And if I remember right, I think that the due date for the second one had I carried it would've been around now too...maybe that's got something to do with it. Now that I think of it lousy things usually happen around my birthday. Another fun memory...getting the "I just want to be friends" letter from the pioneer I was in love with on my 16th birthday...he had led me on for months and gave me the "I want to remain single to do the work of the Lord" quoting scripture after scripture...did I mention he's out of the Borg now and on his second (last I heard) marriage too? Was a blessing I didn't end up with him though, what a mess...

• Princess
    Princess

Happy Birthday Essie. Sorry you are so blue. For the past two years I have been too sick on my birthday to go out. This last one I had strep throat and ended up going to the ER because I didn't know I was allergic to the amoxycillan(sp) the was prescibed. That was fun being covered with hives that lasted for ten days.

I don't care much about my own birthday (although I do want presents from my family members who read this) . I get a real kick out of my kids. They plan for the entire year. We are less than a month away from a Lilo and Stitch hula party for my daughter in June. I just got a shipment of grass skirts and leis for all the little girls. Zoe is so excited she can hardly stand it.

Hope this one is happy for you!

• myself
    myself

((((((((((((Essie))))))))))))) <----------------- A Happy Birthday Hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beats a spanking doesn't it?

• blondie
    blondie

Happy birthday, Essie.

Princess, now I know what kind of BD party I want. Lilo and Stich was great!

Blondie

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

((((((((((((Essie))))))))))))) with all you have been through. You of all people deserve a Happy Birthday wish. Here is hoping that you get everything you wish for. I really mean that, from the bottom of my heart.

Happy Birthday!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit