The Hiram key

by TheHighPriest 23 Replies latest jw friends

• TheHighPriest
    TheHighPriest

The following is on the back cover of the book The Hiram key.

Are the scrolls containing the secret teachings of Jesus buried in scotland?

The discovery that the most important incantation of freemasonry is spoken in ancient egyptian was the turning point of a six year quest to find the lost roots of the order. Chris Knight and Robert Lomas, both freemasons, soon found themselves unravelling an extraordinary chain of events that started with the solving of a murder in ancient Thebes and concluded with the deciphering of a strange medieval building on a Scottish hilltop. The Hiram key raises questions that challange some of western civilization's most cherished beliefs:

Do the gospels of the new testament describe Jesus, the last claimant to the kingship of the Jews, practising the king-making rituals of the ancient Egyptians?

Were scrolls bearing secret teachings of Jesus buried beneath Herods temple shortly before the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70AD?

Did the Knights Templar, the forerunners of modern freemasonry, excavate those scrolls in the twelfth century and then adopt the rituals they contained?

And were those scrolls subsequently buried underneath a detailed reconstruction of Herod's Temple, on a Scottish hilltop - where they are now awaiting re-excavation?

At first I thought this was just another one of the many slightly luny theories out there. However, the book is very factual and presents some very convincing evidence for the theory so much so that there is real talk of excavating Rosslyn Chapel. It is a must read that will simply blow you away.

http://www.rosslynchapel.org.uk

THP of the blown away class

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

THP

thanks, always looking out for gnostic info

DC

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Interesting stuff eh HP,

I'm not certain of the Hiram Keys accuracy (I have it somewhere but have only skimmed through it) I know goes over some of the solid historical work carried out by Baigent and Lee in the books:

The Dead Sea Scrolls Deception
    The Holy Blood and The Holy grail
    The Messianic Legacy
    Templars and Freemasons (can't remmember the exact title)
    + several others

These best selling books blow the lid on much hidden and suppressed history. Christians go very quiet whenever I quote from them - nothing like real history to make a fundamentalist drop dead on the spot or run screaming for the holy water :)

• JanH
    JanH

UB,

I know goes over some of the solid historical work carried out by Baigent and Lee in the books:

The Dead Sea Scrolls Deception
    The Holy Blood and The Holy grail
    The Messianic Legacy
    Templars and Freemasons (can't remmember the exact title)
    + several others

Let me get it straight right away: these are not in any way respected scholarly works. They are mass marketed conspiracy theories with little merit.

There may be much interesting stuff in them, and some facts, but they do not represent any scholarly consensus. Not even close.

While it was clearly unethical practices from some scholars that led them to monopolize control of the Scrolls, it is laughable it had anything to do with the Vatican.

Since then, these scrolls have been published, and Christianity is just as invulnerable to historical facts as it always was.

Just so nobody gets mislead that these books represent a scholarly opinion, except at best a single minority voice. By all means, read it, but be skeptical, and read what others say on the subject.

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The Devil´s Dictionary, 1911]

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

i see the voice of paranoia has spoken. . .[8>]

uncle thanks,
    im sure we can make up our own minds on the subjects we read without the opposite view interfering. . .
    god knows we did get away from the borg. . .
    or did we?

chuck

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Jan - The books I have recomended reading are widely accepted as scholarly and historically accurate. I haven't said one should dis-engage ones brain when reading them. For anyone bought up with a fundamentalist world view these books, and particularly 'The Messianic Legacy' put history in it's proper context.

If you have found any factual error whatso ever in these chaps work why not just say so. When it comes to JDub mind-expansion I'd even recommend Barbara Theirings 'Jesus the Man'.

Chuck - I don't know what your on. I simply recomended several highly rated books for their historical content and stated my experience with Christians and the historical facts they present. Sorry if my frustration with loopy fundy's spills over but that's just me questioning orthodoxy again. Make up your own mind - sure - in an informed way is surely best. Jesus - I hardly said a word - you're making me paranoid now. Same applies for you as Jan. Chuck - if I've said something wrong please point it out, if anyones showing signs of paranoia it's surely you - who's afraid of books? The ones I've recommended here even have losts of pretty photographs of scrolls and temples and stuff.

I don't go much for conspiracy theories - if you guys want me to go through any of these books page by page and point out what I agree and disagree with just say (only joking - a blokes got enough to do without thinking for you blokes too) Where did I say I agree with authors unquestioningly? For example I have quoted little from the Messianic Legacy that isn't in the first few chapters.

• jezebel influence
    jezebel influence

THP,
    Thankyou for this info
    I would be interested in reading this book as I think there must be more to the bible than we currently know.

Its like a puzzle with missing pieces.

Jez

• JanH
    JanH

UB,

Jan - The books I have recomended reading are widely accepted as scholarly and historically accurate.

On this you are utterly false. These are pseudoscholarly works without any merit in scholarly circles.

Scholarship is peer-reviewed journals, for one, not mass marketed books.

Having studied under people who actually are involved with the real scholarly work, I can assure you that these works simply are not taken seriously by real scholars. I know this for a fact, since I know the real scholars. The books are journalism, not scholarship.

That does not mean they are utterly wrong. Probably many good ideas there. The main conspiracy theory of the "Death Sea Scroll Deceeption" is just laughable and without merit, though.

I have not read the books, I don't really bother much with these ideas, and you know very well I would like nothing better than ammo to poke fun at the Vatican. But when you say these are scholarly works, you are just as wrong as the WTS in saying "Popular Science" is a "scientific journal". It is NOT. Even though it may contain lots of facts and good articles, it is not a scientific journal. It is journalism.

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The Devil´s Dictionary, 1911]

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Jan - we're being reduced to arguing over the definition of what is and is not scholarly. I cling to the broad dictionary definition here of a scholar being a learned and erudite person. I believe Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh and Henry Lincoln to be just that. I am fully aware of the depths of acedemia and the way burden of proof and depth of reasoning increases the higher one climbs those Ivy covered walls, however for us laymen and rank amatures if a work is referenced in University or even High School that's good enough to grant it the title scholarly.

The Dead Sea Scrolls Deception is a bloody good read (despite it's sensationalist and somewhat inaccurate title)

unclebruce, common as muck but knows what he likes ;)

PST: Your logic slip is showing - I don't think calling my recomended reading 'watchtowerlike' then admiting you haven't even read the books in question was a good move ;) The title 'bestseller' might not guarantee a book is scholastically accurate, however at least these lettered men have put their names and reputations on the line for all the world to see - I have far more respect for them than cold academics who couldn't write a best seller if their life depended on it.

Is it my fault the popular disemination of hard and not so hard science is left up to those not up to your high standards? (I know why I make you cring Jan ;) and I am aware of the silly intellectual snobery at Universities that insists one can't officially have an opinion on a subject lest one has passed the appropriate courses and has those little letters after ones name.)

I best go now, the locals will think we're arguing H2O style in this peacefull village.

• TheHighPriest
    TheHighPriest

Hi Jan,

I don't really know or care as to whether or not these guy's are scholars or not it is not the point. The point is there's a book written and it should be judged on it's merits, it's as simple as that. I have been blown away by this book because it is unassuming and factual to my eyes (wich incidentely does not mean squat :) ). The thing that would ultimately prove or disprove their theory beyond doubt would be excavating Rosslyn Chapel and from what I understand that's not too far away, so obviously someone is taking these guy's seriously. If they find what they are seeking time will tell and in the meantime a bit of caution as you say doesn't go astray.
    Maybe it's worth noting that ultrasound groundscans of rosslyn have revealed cavities underneath so who knows maybe they are just empty or we have the find of the millenium.

THP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit